my mobileme calendar file, i believe, is corrupted. how can

my mobileme calendar file, i...
my mobileme calendar file, i believe, is corrupted. how can i fix this?

looking back through my iphone version of mobileme calendar, there are multiple, multiple entries on the same day of an event that carries for days and days. is it possible to eliminate the duplicating events (hundreds in some cases) without losing the entire calendar file? this is a huge problem i have had for some time.
11/3/2010
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com
If you login to mobile me online do you see multiple copies of the events in that calendar as well

Customer:

the mobileme calendar will not load. the only thing i see are listings in each cell that vary like '274 items' or '276 items' and the like (items may not be the actual word since i just loaded the mobileme calendar). Loading events is still visible without a response thus far.

Omer Mushahwar :

So even on the mobile me website you are not able to view your calendar

Omer Mushahwar :

just wanted to make sure I understand the situation fully

Customer:

that is correct

Customer:

i understand. i have lived with this problem for some time

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you tell me what version of the MAC OSX operating system you are using you can find out by clicking the apple in the top left corner and selecting about this mac

Customer:

snow leopard (latest version)

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok and do you have a good working copy of your calendar somewhere on your mac?

Customer:

i am unsure here. my ical was not working for some time. i recently threw out the cache and retained important birthday files and other subscriptions. ical now loads. would like to keep the mobileme calendar without the massive amounts of duplicating events.

Omer Mushahwar :

What calendars is mobile me currently syncing with ? just the ical? just your phone?

Customer:

actually both though the iphone calendar is also affected by this problem. only ical is different

Omer Mushahwar :

ok so the ical calendar should have you good working copy I assume?

Omer Mushahwar :

Also when you sync your iphone with itunes

Customer:

i tried syncing my ical with mobileme calendar to no avail.

Omer Mushahwar :

Can you connect your phone to itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

open itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

click on the phone in itunes

Omer Mushahwar :

click on the info tab

Customer:

give me a little time to complete this task

Omer Mushahwar :

we want to make sure that you are triple syncing the phone with ical and mobile me because that would cause all these duplicates

Customer:

have info tab up, what should i look for . . .

Omer Mushahwar :

do you see where it says sync contacts and sync calendar

Omer Mushahwar :

are they checked?

Omer Mushahwar :

and if so what does it say they are syncing with

Customer:

mobileme calendar is still trying to load (. . . Loading events . . .)

Customer:

they are not checked at all

Omer Mushahwar :

ok thats good

Omer Mushahwar :

wanted to make sure we werent double syncing through itunes and through mobile me

Omer Mushahwar :

now did you say everything thats suppose to be in your calendar on mobileme is in your calendar on ical ?

Customer:

not all, but most, my recent calendar is actually not in ical (duties and tasks through the weeks), just birthday and subscriptions on ical, but clean

Customer:

i really would like a way to attack aggressively the duplications (think that might fix the problem without having to find and delete the massive amounts of duplications)

Omer Mushahwar :

ok now the issue here is we either have to wipe the Mobileme calendar or youd have to go in and manually clean it up but I believe you said its not letting you into that

Customer:

that is correct, mobileme calendar is still trying to load events to no avail (over 15 minutes have passed and i have seen longer)

Customer:

is there a file or series of files containing the mobileme calendar that i might be able to edit?

Omer Mushahwar :

The mobileme calendar is store on their servers, however if your mobileme account

But one thing people have done is to basically use mobile me on their mac to sync a blank calendar to the server so it wipes it which is why I was asking if your ical had all your information

Customer:

it does not quite have all my information, just birthdays and subscriptions

Omer Mushahwar :

Yeah which is why i dont want to tell you to wipe it

Customer:

can someone cleanup the mobileme calendar on the server or will apple allow me to clean up the duplicating events? my guess is no, right?

Omer Mushahwar :

Well if you could get into the calendar on line then yes you could manually edit the calendar there

Customer:

there are not a lot of offending events, i wish i could get to the online version of mobileme calendar

Customer:

what would you suggest i do?

Omer Mushahwar :

so its simply a few events that are repeated over and over

Customer:

that is correct, i can list them here if you like

Omer Mushahwar :

Unfortunately I cannot get into your mobile me calendar

Customer:

HOLY CONVOCATION, debbie on vacation, ICTCM to name most of them

Customer:

any suggestions . . .?

Customer:

i cannot download the new mobileme calendar as a result . . .

Omer Mushahwar :

My suggestion at this point since you cannot get into the calendar online, and dont currently have a full backup of your calendar would be to contact mobileme directly and they maybe able to clear out the duplicates for you

Customer:

how would i do this, is there a link or email address handy?

Omer Mushahwar :

yes i am looking that up for you right now one second please

Omer Mushahwar :

it looks like their contact for support is setup as an online chat

Omer Mushahwar :

it will ask you for you to log in with your apple id

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX my next try

Customer:

are we finished?

Omer Mushahwar :

As far as what I can help you with here yes

Customer:

have a good day!

Omer Mushahwar :

I wish i could do more but since we are not Mobileme we cannot access their servers

Omer Mushahwar :

thanks You too

Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Omer
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager