I have MS Outlook 2007. I cannot find a way to turn off

I have MS Outlook 2007. I...
I have MS Outlook 2007.

I cannot find a way to turn off my autoreply message and I do NOT have Office Asst under Tools and Rules and Alerts seems useless as well.

H E L P !!!
11/2/2010
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager

Omer Mushahwar :

Hello I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

Quick question when you say you are trying to turn off autoreply

Do you mean your outlook is sending out a reply to all your incoming email ?

Omer Mushahwar :

Also can you tell me what type of email account you are using with your outlook? Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo .....

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

Hi Omer,

Omer Mushahwar :

hello]

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

My email is [email protected] (not yahoo, gmail, etc.) - I somehow created an autoreply and now can't turn the darn thing off!

Omer Mushahwar :

sorry when you type out an email address it only comes through as [email protected] can you just tell me what is after the @ symbol

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

My ISP is Charter Communications (ie, charter.net).

Omer Mushahwar :

Ah ok thanks for that bit of information

Omer Mushahwar :

OK Just so I understand what you have checked so far. You said you have already gone into outlook to check the out of office setting and it was set to off?

Omer Mushahwar :

Or did you not get to the account out of office assistant

Omer Mushahwar :

sorry did you not get to the out of office assistant that should say

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

I went under Tools and then to Rules and Alerts, as NO Office Assistant option exists - bummer. Rules and Alerts doesn't seem useful.

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok now the reason you dont see out of office assistant is that the out of office assistant in Outlook 2007 is only avalable if you are working with an exchange email account such as one at an office or something like that

The only other way to do an autoreply would be to use the Rules and Alerts in Outlook 2007
Can you On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you see any rules setup there?

Omer Mushahwar :

You should see a tab that says email rules

Omer Mushahwar :

click on that tab does anything there have a check mark next to it?

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

I have clicked on Rules and Alerts and have clicked on the Email Rules tab.

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

The only thing with a check mark is for an email address that I send into Junk Mail

Omer Mushahwar :

Ah ok so thats your only rule

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

Yes

Omer Mushahwar :

If there are no other rules there than your autoreply, issue may not be within outlook

Omer Mushahwar :

with your charter.net can you log in to a webpage to see your email?

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

Yes and I also suspected that as well, but could not see how to do this. I will log on now.

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

I am logged on.

Omer Mushahwar :

As I havent used Charter.net personally I cannot tell you the exact steps give me one second to see what I can find on them

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok now do you see an options button on the screen

Omer Mushahwar :

should be on the left side of the screen

Omer Mushahwar :

Click Options on the left navigation list. The Options – Mailbox page displays.

Click the Rules button. The page refreshes with several rules-related options.

Under the Vacation Message sectionClick the appropriate radio button in the Usage Rules section.

Click the OK button at the bottom of the screen. The screen refreshes with a 'successful update' message.

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

No - if I had I probably wouldn't be chatting w you now!

Omer Mushahwar :

Basically under vacation you want to make sure its turned off

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know if theses steps get you to these screens

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

I'm still looking for the OPTIONS button!

Omer Mushahwar :

What do you see one your screen on the left side do you have any navigation options

Omer Mushahwar :

?

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

Omer - I found Mail Settings and THAT is where I went the last time and I am now resolved. I will gladly pay you, cuz you got me redirected towards my Charter web-mail. How do I pay you?

Omer Mushahwar :

Alright you should see a green accept button now

Omer Mushahwar :

Let me know if you do not

Omer Mushahwar :

simply clicking that will accept the answer and I am glad I could help

JACUSTOMER-6vp1j756- :

I'll click on Accepty and again Thank You for your help. Have a wonderful day! Brett D. Smith PE, PG

Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Omer
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager