My Sony Vaio laptop won't turn on, nothing happens when I press

the on button! It...
My Sony Vaio laptop won't turn on, nothing happens when I press the on button! It was put away in it's neoprene protector case, where I always keep it when I'm not using it. I plugged it in to the surge protector, pressed the on button, and nothing. The AC adapter's green light was on, but nothing else was. I tried it in different plugs on the surge protector, I tried a different surge protector, I even tried it in battery mode, and nothing!
I haven't dropped it or knocked it about, so why won't it turn on? Help!
11/2/2010
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN, engineer

Md.Rehan :

hi

Md.Rehan :

Welcome to justanswer

Md.Rehan :

when you press power button, do you notice any LED lights on laptop blinking or solid green and do hear any sound

JACUSTOMER-5fg6zi0s- :

No, I didn't notice any of the lights blinking and there was definitely no sound. Also, the on button when I pushed it felt like it does when the brakes go out on a car and you try to use them, if you understand what I mean.

Md.Rehan :

ok

Md.Rehan :

Lets remove all the charge from your motherboard.

Unplug your laptop.(if the charger cord is connect)

Then remove the battery from the laptop.

Wait for 2 minutes
Now press power button for 1 minute(without the battery)

Now plug in the power cable (dont insert battery ) and press ON button.

Tell me how it goes!

JACUSTOMER-5fg6zi0s- :

Okay, I did what you said to do, and nothing. (sorry about the delay, I had to take the dog outside to do his business.)

Md.Rehan :

Ok when you connect the charger to your laptop......does the charging indicator light on the laptop glows

JACUSTOMER-5fg6zi0s- :

If you mean the green light ring that is on the side where you plug the cord from the adapter in, no it isn't lighting up either.

Md.Rehan :

That indicates that the power is not reaching the laptop

Md.Rehan :

give me few seconds

Md.Rehan :

thanks for your patience

Md.Rehan :

The most commonly and likely cause to this type of problem is that either the ac adaptor has gone bad

Md.Rehan :

or due to loose solder joints in the laptop's power receptacle

Md.Rehan :

So first try charging your laptop with a different charger if it doesn't charges then you can be sure that the laptop's power acceptor has loose solder joints due to which its not accepting power ....you have to replace the power acceptor or resolder these joints to get everything back to allright.

Md.Rehan :

Secondly..... You also have to check your laptop's power IC

Md.Rehan :

If you are you comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry and a soldering iron then you can try all the above process else the best bet will be to go to a local repair shop or Sony authorised service center ........and repair your laptop.

Md.Rehan :

If your laptop is under warranty period then immediately take it to sony to get it repaired for free

JACUSTOMER-5fg6zi0s- :

Okay, that doesn't sound like something I can fix. I don't have any other adapter that fits it, and I wouldn't have a clue how to go about resoldering the joints, or even how to find them. There isn't a Sony store here, however I'm going to be going to Vegas in a few days, which is where the Sony store is that I bought it from. Also they have a big Fry's electronic store there, with a service center.

Md.Rehan :

Please click ACCEPT if you find my service helpful

JACUSTOMER-5fg6zi0s- :

Yes, Thank you very much for your help. ^_^

MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN, engineer
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN, engineer