I would like to transfer music files from my zune to my Laptop

have tried several ways as...
I would like to transfer music files from my zune to my Laptop have tried several ways as suggested on line but no joy can you help please....David B
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/29/2010
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager

Omer Mushahwar :

Hello I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

So I understand you would like to transfer all the music from your zune to your laptop correct?

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

yes please

Omer Mushahwar :

Have you installed the zune software program on your windows 7 computer yet?

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

yes

Omer Mushahwar :

Alright so do you have the zune currently connected to your computer

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

yes

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok Launch the zune software

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

done

Omer Mushahwar :

that you installed, then turn your zune on if it isnt on already

Turn on your Zune and click the "Device" menu. Right-click Music.

Omer Mushahwar :

you should see an option to do a reverse sync so that the songs copy from your zune to your computer do you see that

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

nothing happens

Omer Mushahwar :

Alright one second

Omer Mushahwar :

Alright have you tried go to device -> music. From there you can copy music to your collection by dragging the album/songs/artists to the little computer icon in the bottom left corner

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

I have in excess of 750 albums that will take forever

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you mind checking to see if that works for you though so we know it is working correctly

Omer Mushahwar :

just try it with one album

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

yes that works

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok now that we know that works you can try this
In the zune software select Device then music right click the songs you want or do a select all and then hit copy to my collection

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

how do I select all

Omer Mushahwar :

try hitting ctrl+A on your keyboard

Omer Mushahwar :

thats the ctrl and the A key

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

just brings up first artist alphabetically

Omer Mushahwar :

OK try selecting them all by clicking down the left mouse button and holding it down while you select all the music

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

not working

Omer Mushahwar :

One second trying to see if there is a reason ctrl+A wouldnt select all

Omer Mushahwar :

The other option is to hold down the ctrl key while you select each album but as you said you have a lot of albums so that could take a while

Omer Mushahwar :

You should be able to do a ctrl+A to select all try doing it like this click on one song/album and press and hold CTRL then press A to select all. after highlighting song/songs either right click and choose copy to my collection or drag them to the computer symbol on the bottom left corner.

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

that works but it isnt very satisfactory there has got to be a better way surely

Omer Mushahwar :

Yes it isnt fun having to do it by single click please try the steps i just listed to do a select all

Omer Mushahwar :

that should work as it worked in my zune software

Omer Mushahwar :

did the last set of steps help you do a select all?

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

you know what I think we might have lift off

Omer Mushahwar :

Always good to hear :-)

Omer Mushahwar :

were you able to select all and get the music to start transferring?

JACUSTOMER-eukjaggi- :

yep its bubbling away now thanks for your help

Omer Mushahwar :

Glad to hear it

Omer Mushahwar :

you are more than welcome for the help

Omer Mushahwar :

If you feel we have answered your question please click accept so I can be paid for my time by Just Answer.com and we can close out the question

Omer Mushahwar :

thanks again

Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Omer
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager