I have a Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Smartphone and I would like…

Customer Question
I have a Blackberry Storm...
I have a Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Smartphone and I would like to be able to save my pictures and voice notes onto my computer.....I can do a "backup"; but then I can't access the data... Read full answer
I have a Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Smartphone and I would like to be able to save my pictures and voice notes onto my computer.....I can do a "backup"; but then I can't access the data
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/8/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Viet - Computer Tech :

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

hello

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

can you help me with my problem?

Viet - Computer Tech :

You need to install the Blackberry Desktop software to view.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Yes, I will gladly help you.

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

I think that I have done that...should I pull it up?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please click here to download and install the Blackberry Desktop software.

Viet - Computer Tech :

yes, just click on it.

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

Ok, I have my Blackberry Desktop Manager up...

Viet - Computer Tech :

you can see a lot of items in there right?

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

like I said, if I hit Backup and Restore it will create a backup file on my compter (e.g., Backup 10-08-10), but: 1) I can't figure out how to open the backup file; and 2) all I really want to do is save my pictures from my Blackberry camera into My Pictures on my computer.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Can you go to My Computer (or just Computer) and see the Blackberry drive there

Viet - Computer Tech :

and copy pictures to your computer?

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

if I hit My Computer I don't see a Blackberry drive...do I need to go to All Programs?

Viet - Computer Tech :

No, wait

Viet - Computer Tech :

First, you have to download and install the Blackberry Desktop software per my previous instructions.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Then click here for the blackberry desktop software manual. See starting page 25, it shows you how to import pictures, videos to the computer.

Viet - Computer Tech :

If you already have installed the software, then just follow the manual.

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

Is the Blackberry Destop software different from my Blackberry Destop Manager that I have already installed?

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

I see the software manager, but my Desktop Manager does not have anything that says "Pictures"?

Viet - Computer Tech :

then just download and install the latest software from blackberry website.

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

Ok, I am in the process of reinstalling the software...please wait for one moment.

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok, please download (don't use the disk) and install

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

I think it's getting close to done (I don't have a disk)....it looks like it deleted my old Blackberry Desktop and now says that it is reconfiguring Roxio Media Manager

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

It says it will be done in less than one minute, please wait, thank you.

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

It says that I have sucessfully installed Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0, but that I need to restart my computer....I don't want to lose you, and would like to make sure that this works....what should I do?

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can bookmark this page

Viet - Computer Tech :

or just log back in JustAnswer.com later.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Don't worry, you won't loose me.

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

Ok, so I should restart my computer? Then I will check back with you to let you know if it worked, correct?

JACUSTOMER-tqpnygpj- :

Should I hit the "Save & Exit" link below before I restart the computer?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Yes, you should

Viet - Computer Tech :

yes.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Let me know later if it works.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please click on Accept if my answer has helped you.

Viet are you still there?
Yes, I'm here. Did it work?
Yes, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX as the pictures are concerned...it was very simple. However, I can't figure out how to save the voice notes. Also, if I do a backup, will I now be able to retrive the stored data?
Great. I'm not sure if Blackberry has this feature to save voice notes; everything should be on the manual. If not, you can contact Blackberry to ask if they have this feature. Yes, you will be able to retrieve your stored data by clicking on Restore option in the BlackBerry software. The restore option is also on the manual.

Thanks,
-Viet
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
How do I access voice mail. I get a lot of phone calls but
how do I access voice mail. I get a lot of phone calls but cannot access the messages … read more
John Lohr
John Lohr
Owner / Technology Specialist,
Teaching Certification
FORGOT GOOGLE PASSWORD. PHONE ANED COMPUTER WONT WORK.
FORGOT GOOGLE PASSWORD JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing? Customer: PHONE ANED COMPUTER WONT WORK JA: When were you last able to use your phone? Customer: COUPLE DAYS AGO JA: Have you … read more
David L
David L
My name is *****dolin ****ock I have a samsung phone and
My name is *****dolin ****ock I have a samsung phone and have been having a lot of problem with it I was told to have re-factory se but I cant remember my pass word and even thou I change I am no able… read more
Kent
Kent
Web Developer/Programmer,
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Stop searching for answers—
I had a blackberry and I failed to take the picture off it
Hello I had a blackberry and I failed to take the picture off it and I cannot remember my pass word. What can be done? … read more
Ariel Yuson
Ariel Yuson
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
How do I change the voice on Google home Mini. That voice is
How do I change the voice on Google home Mini. That voice is so ingraciating that I am about to take a hammer to the mini … read more
Senthil
Senthil
Sr. IT Analyst,
BE
Forgot password. Phone and tablet. Samsung note8. Lenovo
Forgot password JA: What device or product does this involve? Customer: Phone and tablet JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone? Customer: Samsung note8. Lenovo tablet… read more
Karthik
Karthik
Senior Engineer,
Bachelor of Engineering
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My wife just swithced from a Blackberrry Storm 2 to an iPhone
My wife just swithced from a Blackberrry Storm 2 to an iPhone 4 and she is using iTunes to sync with Outlook. She has about 200 Contact entries, 400 calendar entries and 50 Notes entries to sync, and … read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
i keep getting an hourglass symbol in the middle of my storm.
i keep getting an hourglass symbol in the middle of my storm. While it is on, I can't do anything, make or receive calls.… read more
Support Technician,
My blackbeery 8200 keeps shutting down on me. Screen shows
My blackbeery 8200 keeps shutting down on me. Screen shows a meesage saying JUM fault reset. I have spoken to Orange and they say it is a problem with the hand set, this is the second handset i have h… read more
IT Manager,
I just noticed that all of my appointments and calendar events
I just noticed that all of my appointments and calendar events (except birthdays) have been deleted from Outlook prior to the current month. I am using a Blackberry Storm (almost a year), but this has… read more
Aaron B
Aaron B
Computer Repair Technician,
re voice recognition dictating. I tried MacSpeech a long time
re voice recognition dictating. I tried MacSpeech a long time ago, and failed because of the extensive time to dictate so the computer recognized my speech patterns. Pogue has said that there are some… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I have a blackberry world edition phone that is suppost to
I have a blackberry world edition phone that is suppost to work in Costa Rica. I called cbeyond befor I lef the US and was emailed instructions as to activation while here. Request # XXXXX I have trie… read more
Jack
Jack
Sr. Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I love my Blackberry. Unfortunately the first one lost its
I love my Blackberry. Unfortunately the first one lost its teeth and I was unable to sync or charge it. I bought a new one and backed it up (I thought) then its camera died. It was exchanged and the t… read more
James Carter
James Carter
How can i import acc notes from my pc to my iphone. I formerly
How can i import acc notes from my pc to my iphone. I formerly had a BlackBerry so all the notes are amr files which I converted to aac files but I can't get them onto my iPhone 3GS. Can you help? Reg… read more
Support Technician,
I have been trying to transfer pictures from my computer to
I have been trying to transfer pictures from my computer to my new Blackberry Storm.I keep getting the message about UPnP and having to change the security setting on the Blackberry. I have set it to … read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I have to prefice this with the fact that I was recently laid
I have to prefice this with the fact that I was recently laid off. What that means is I have a Black Berry Storm which is not sync'd to my desktop but it needs to be. I have been messing with it for d… read more
Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Desktop Support Technician,
My PC does not recognize my 8310 Curve when I want to download
My PC does not recognize my 8310 Curve when I want to download photos to my PC --- don't even talk to me about that Roxio crap! All I want to do is take photos and be able to download them to "My Pict… read more
Karl Everest King
Karl Everest King
Web Designer, Programmer,
In Voice Dialing mode, My Blackberry storm asks ay a command
In Voice Dialing mode, My Blackberry storm asks "Say a command" but it doesn't respond to what I say.… read more
Client Support Specialist,