i can not open programs and features on windows 7 professional…

i can not open programs...
i can not open programs and features on windows 7 professional from control panel i have a dell xps410 2gb RAM, can you help me?, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
10/3/2010
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
what happens when you try to open it?

i opened control panel and all the features are there but when i double click Programs And Features nothing happended.

Ok press ctrl+alt+delete is it listed in the task manager?
ok, open windows task manager, what should i do here.
is programs and features listed there?
no Programs And Features listed.
Ok bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then download and install PC Fixer from here: Click Here
(it says for xp/vista but it works with windows 7 as well as long as you follow these steps)
Once installed open it and click on check up at the top.
Once it is finished put a check mark in the box that says explorer.
Do not put a checkmark in anything else or it may damage windows.
Then click on apply selected.
Once done restart your computer and test programs and features.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist

i installed PCfixer ,click on Chek Up and a message appear " Checkup service return to zero recommendations" so i can not click on "Applied Selected"

does it show a number next to explorer?
no number
Ok please restart your computer and then without opening anything else try programs and features and let me know what happens. Also what antivirus are you using?
avg9 internet security
Ok when you try it after restarting please try it once with avg on and once with it temporary disabled.
restart computer with avg9 on and disabled with same results, can not open Programs and Features from control panel and i runned the CheckUp on Pc fixer with the same message "Checkup service return to zero recommendations"
Ok open the task manager and then click on the processes tab at the top.
Then look for explorer.exe and click on it then click on end task.
Once done the desktop should dissapear.
Click on file and then new task and type in explorer.exe then click on ok.
Once done try programs and features again
same response can not open programs and features from control panel
Ok what are you trying to do from programs and features exactly?
uninstall programs that i dont use
Ok please try using this free program as a work around: Click Here (Use the green download button under revo uninstaller.) It will actually uninstall the programs and remove files that are left over from those programs that programs and features will normally leave. Unfortunately as far as programs and features goes I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts I just thought I would give you a work around with that uninstaller just in case no one else thinks of anything either.
thanks Dimmusacio for your help i learn a lot more i am going to try to restart the computer one more time, i let you know what happen and thanks for your time.