My Kindle is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi network and I have

Customer Question
tried everything...
My Kindle is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi network and I have tried everything
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
9/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 7 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What EXACT error message do you get?

Thank you

John Cappucci

Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi Network

Your Kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network "@WIRE785". Would you like to enter the password XXXXX or manually set up this network.

I have tried 3 times to enter the settings myself after verifying with At&T all the network connection details. Still getting the same message. Have rebooted my Kindle and it scans and shows 0 Wi-Fi networks.

Ok,

Are you 100% sure you have the right network password?

Thank you

John Cappucci

Edited by John Cappucci on 9/23/2010 at 3:26 PM EST
I used the password XXXXX open my settings by typing in 192.168.1.254 and the A T & T rep told me that I should use the modem key as the passwork to access my network. So I tried it with both passwords.

OK, what router brand and model do you have?

Thank you

John Cappucci
I have an A T & T 2WIRE modem

Ok, last question

Do you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you.
64-bit

Ok,

Please click here --->http://wikisend.com/download/556436 to download the WirelessKeyView application.

Download and run it from your Windows 7 computer, you will see the network key there. Please verify it is the same you were using.

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

John: I downloaded the file, ran it, and here is what I see a blank page with no information in it - just column titles

I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you

Edited by John Cappucci on 9/23/2010 at 3:58 PM EST

Do I need to start over again?

No, please don't worry about it.

The new expert will see all our thread.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Thanks for you help John - but since I have not heard from anyone else for over 35 minutes, I guess I will give up.

I am sorry about it.

What's the current status?

Thank you
I appreciate all you help but my problem was not resolved and I don't feel that I should have to pay the fee - no one else replied to me and I have gone else where for help.

No problem, thank you for letting me know.

Hello. I saw you clicked "Accept", why?

Thank you

John Cappucci