How to fix forwarding email in aol. I cannot forward email

Customer Question
How to fix forwarding email...
How to fix forwarding email in aol. I cannot forward email sent to me. Message says it is sent but message area is blank.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
9/8/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nate, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Nate, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for an opportunity to help you today!

Are you utilizing the AOL program or is this from using the WEB interface?
utilizing the AOL program
You should be able to click on the mail message to open it. Once viewing the message, if you click the FORWARD button, you should be asked for an address to send to. Does it get this far? Is this the part that you are saying is blank?
yes it goes this far. It also states that "Your mail was sent" but whenever anyone tries to open the forwarded email it is a blank page.
On the receiver's end, is there an attachment icon? This is usually indicated by a paper clip icon. If so, the program is FORWARDING the e-mail as an attachment.

If not, try to select the text on the e-mail you would like to forward, and copy it. Create a new e-mail and paste the text. See if it also comes through blank.
Why would I have to do all this when any forwarded email comes to me and I am able to open it without all this BS?
I am asking to see if sending is a problem... I am trouble shooting options. Does the e-mail show as an attachment on the receiver's e-mail?
I don't know no one has ever said anything about that and I really can't ask anyone at the moment. I used to be able to just hit "forward" and everything was o.k. What happened? Could it be the aol program?
There is a chance that a setting was changed. In the TOOLS / OPTIONS there "should" be a setting to FORWARD E-MAIL AS ATTACHMENT. This is a check box that can be unmarked.

The menu may be EDIT / PREFRENCES as well. What version of the AOL software are you using?
I believe it is 9.5? Should the check box be checked or unchecked?
un checked
I will try that and see what happens.....what do I do if it doesn't work? Do I need to spend another $34 bucks?
No.. you should be able to re-post to this question. We don't get paid until you are satisfied.

Also, can you upgrade to 10.1?
I don't know, How can I find out?
Go to AOL's site and you should be able to download a current version. There should be a setting under the HELP bar as well..

To change the setting on the attachments, the check box should be under the MAIL menu at the top of the program screen.

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=ex&bbid=TSEBB_1282822226006&url=& stateId=0%200%20364714260&dialogID=364684977&docTypeID=DT_AOLFAQS_1_1&externalId=217142&sliceId=1&rfId=&radios=False

Edited by Nate on 9/8/2010 at 8:54 PM EST
Would attachment info be under mail settings?
MAIL -> MAIL SETTINGS

Search input SEARCH HELP

My General Mail settings in AOL 9.0

Text Size

My General Mail settings in AOL 9.0

Hide/Show Graphics

AOL Mail settings provide customization options for your mailbox and email preferences.

To access Mail Settings
1. Click the Mail menu, and then click Mail Settings.

2. Choose your email preferences.

You can choose from the following options:

Mail Away Message settings
Default Mailbox view settings
Show me mail from settings
Sort mail in my mailbox by settings
Old mail Preference settings
Reply to messages with and Quote Style settings
Other settings

Mail Away Message settings

You can create personalized away messages to let people who send you emails know that you are currently unavailable to read their messages or reply to them. An away message is ideal when you're leaving for a holiday, and you want to let people know when you'll be returning.

To create an email away message, click the Mail menu, click Mail Settings, and then click the word here in To change your Mail Away Message settings, click here.

The Mail Away Message window has four options:

• No mail away message: Choose this option to stop Mail Away Messages from being sent to emails that you receive. This is the default option.
  • Hello, I am unavailable to read your message at this time: Select this option to send Mail Away Messages with the default text.
  • Hello, I am away until __ and am unable to read your message: Select this option to let the sender know that you will be unavailable until the given date.
  • Custom: Select this option to customize your Mail Away Message.

Note: If a person sends you more than one email when you are away, he/she will receive your away message reply only for the first email. When you become available again, remember to turn off your away message.

Back to Settings

Default Mailbox view settings

The Default Mailbox view section offers two choices - New and Manage Mail. You can choose the mailbox tab that you want displayed when you open your mailbox.

Show me mail from settings

You can decide which emails you want to see when you open your mailbox. The section By default, show me mail from offers you two choices:

• Everyone: Select this option to display all emails in your New Mail tab.
  • People I know: Select this option to display emails from everyone in your AOL address book and Buddy List. You will also be able to see special emails, if any, including Official AOL Mail and AOL Voicemail.

Sort my mailbox settings

You can choose to sort your emails in several ways. Click the Mail menu, click Mail Settings, click the Sort mail in my mailbox by drop-down menu to open it, choose a sorting option from the list, and then click Save. You can choose from the following sorting options:

• Type: Sort your emails by type; for example, emails from people you know or email from bulk senders.
  • Date (newest at top): Sort emails by the date they were received, with the newest email at the top of the list.
  • Date (newest at bottom): Sort emails by the date they were received, with the newest email at the bottom of the list.
  • email Address: Sort emails by email addresses of the people who sent you the emails.
  • Subject: Sort your emails by the subject line of the emails sent to you.

Old Mail preference setting

After you have read an email, it is moved to your Old Mail tab. Your email will remain in your Old Mail for one to seven days, depending on the settings you choose. The default setting is three days. You can choose your preference by clicking the up or down arrow next to the Keep my old mail online __ days after I have read it box.

Back to Settings

The Reply to messages with and Quote Style options are available only for AOL 9.0 SE/LE or AOL 9.0 Security Edition software.

The Reply to message with section offers two options:

• Selected Text Only: Only the text that you highlight before replying to an email will be included in your reply.
  • Original Text: All the text in the original email will automatically be included in your reply email.

The Quote Style section offers three options:

• Blue Bar: Displays a blue bar next to the text from the original email to which you are replying.
  • Indent: Indents the text from the original email to which you are replying.
  • None: Does not differentiate the new text from the text in the original email to which you are replying.

Edited by Nate on 9/8/2010 at 8:58 PM EST

I do not see a setting to forward email as attachment.

Choose the QUOTE STYLE as indicated above.

Also check the advanced tab
I do not have selected text only nor original text. I do have Quote Style section. My say BLUE BAR, INDENT, NONE. Now what! Sorry to be so "slow".
Select NONE.

Never a problem.. That is what we are here for.

My Mail setting says Show mail from everyone, sort mail by date (new on top).

Checked items are: motify me b/4 opening mail containing pictures, retain mail, confirm mail sent, perform spell check, retain mail sent in folder and under Quote: blue bar HELP!!! Now what??

Should be able to save settings and call it good.
No way! This doesn't work. You obviously do not have the answer but thanx for your help!
Nate, Computer Support Specialist