Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I cannot sign in to PlentyOfFish. What do I do?

Customer Question

Why can't I sign into PlentyOfFish?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Can you tell me the message you get when you fail to log in please?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When I type my password in and press sign in, it just goes back to login again. I had an account with POF yesterday and it was ok, but this morning I couldn't login. I set a new account up and that was ok for an hour then it did the same with that one.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Click start, type in iexplore.exe and press enter. Internet Explorer will open, click tools, internet options, then the General Tab. Click Delete, then Delete again. Restart your computer and then try to log in to your account.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have clicked on start, but there is nowhere to type it in.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Ok, click start, run and type it there.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

You will need to ensure your password is still correct

Please go to this link and request the password to be sent to you

http://www.plentyoffish.com/getpassword.aspx

Make sure you use the password they send you to log in. If you still have problems, please let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have done that and when I typed my email, in it just went back blank again.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Ok, can you check your emails to see if they have sent the password to you please. If not retry the procedure.

If you are not receiving an email with your password ***** then it appears that something may be wrong with your account. Can you create a new free account, and see if you have problems logging in with this account as a test.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Nothing in my emails and tried again and it still won't do it.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Ok, then try with making a new account to see if its your computer causing your problem or your account. Make a free test account and log in with that please.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have done another account and after an hour it wouldn't let me log in on the new account.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

Just to let you know.. If you keep creating new accounts, plenty of fish will keep closing your accounts.. You cannot create multiple accounts.. I know how to fix this scenario as I have seen it specifically before.. Do not create any new accounts!!! And if you want to get this fixed, let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I want to get it fixed

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

Ok, the first thing to do.. Is stop creating new POF accounts.. As they will block your Ip address.. You are not allowed to make duplicate accounts, even for testing purposes..
What version of windows do you have? XP, vista...?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

XP. I have only set one new account up.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

Ok, you have windows xp.. Please download and run this tool first..
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646978
Download it.. Then make sure to run it.. Then the next part may be a little tricky, so if you get stuck, let me know. Click start, all programs, accessories, right click command prompt.. Click run as admin. Then, I would like you to type in exactly..
netsh winsock reset
(press enter)
ipconfig /release
(press enter)
ipconfig /flushdns
(press enter)
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
(press enter)
Now, restart your computer..
Then when you are back online, let me know. We have one more thing to do.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have done all that and re started my computer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

Excellent. Try to login to Plenty Of Fish using your original account.. Use Internet Exlorer.. Only try to log in once.. Tell me exactly what happens.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Still won't log in.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Do you get any error message at all. Or does it still just blink?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When I go to login, my username is already there but when I type my password in then press login the box empties as though I have not typed anything.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

The username should not be there, after the reset we did. Could you verify that you downloaded, and then ran the file below..
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646978
Once downloaded, you must double click the file to run it..
Was that done successfully?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have just run it again and it says it has been processed.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Did you see a screen like this when you ran it?

graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Ok, excellent, just wanted to make sure..

Do you have an icon on your desktop that looks like this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

Ok, double click that icon.

On the page that opens, go to plenty of fish..

Try to login.. What exactly happens now?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My user name was already there but when i typed my password in it just emptied the box as though I had not typed anything

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Ok.. Then the account was disabled and deleted..

As was the other account, since you probably used internet explorer to start the new account..

Using only the icon below

I want you to go to PoF and create one new account.. Just one..

Once the account is created.. Only use the icon above to log in..

Do not use internet explorer, and the account should stay active.

Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok will do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ive done a new account and its doing it again
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

It seems that your ip address has been blocked then.. And the minute you start an account, its canceling the account. This probably happened the first time you created the second account.. If it hadn't happened already.. The only thing I can suggest, which may not work.. Is to create a POF account at a public library..

Or somewhere else on a different network.. So that it recognizes the account coming from a different IP address.. It may still erase the account if you use it from home.. Lets try this first though, we may be able to bypass the block
Click start, click run, now copy and paste this command into the run box

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

Hit enter.. Double left click on hosts. Then choose notepad to open it.. When its open, add this line to the very bottom of the list
127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com
Then click file, save..

Now, try plenty of fish again, that may have blocked one of the ways the track your ip. And may allow you to successfully register a new account..
If not, you may want to call your isp, and tell them you want them to change you ip. That will definitely take care of the issue..
In the future, don't create multiple accounts..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats not worked either, you said call my isp, what is my isp please.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.
Who do you pay for your internet service??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sky
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Can you please do the following

Click the below link and install Google Chrome please

www.google.com/chrome

Then I would like you to download and install the below program please

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

You can use the 14 day trial. That should be enough. Once you install it, restart your computer, make a new account and test please

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 years ago.

Your internet service provider, Sky,
Can go inside your modem for you for free.. And change your Ip address they have assigned to you.. For free..
Here are the numbers to call them

08442 414 141

They can change you ip quickly and easily, and it wont cost you anything extra now, or 14 days later.. Changing the ip is the only way to go because, PoF has your current Ip registered

One more thing as well,, Very important. Do not use the same email address, or use any email address that you have ever used to sign up for plenty of fish.. It must be a new email address.. You can get a free new email address quick and easy from gmail.com if you like..

But wherever you get the email address, it must not be one you have used with plenty of fish before!!!!!