hi i got an e-mail saying i need to activate my banking information…

Customer Question
hi i got an e-mail...
hi
i got an e-mail saying i need to activate my banking information because i sold a book on amazon and they want to issue payment, however when i try go into my seller acccount it say i don't have one.
please can you let me know where i'm going wrong?
thanks... Read full answer
hi
thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
9/5/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

What you don't have ?

well to be honest i just wanted to activate my banking detaisl so that amazon can pay me for the book i sold

To enter new bank account information follow the steps below one by one and if you are satisfied with my response then please click on ACCEPT or reply me.........

• Go to your Seller Account and sign in when prompted.
  • Click the "Seller Account Information" link under the Settings heading.
  • In the Deposit Method section, click the "Add" or "Edit" button.
  • On the next page, the default for the Bank Location Country is United States. If your account is in another county, use the drop-down menu to select United Kingdom, France, Germany or Austria.
  • In order to be paid in British Pounds (UK) or Euros (France, Germany and Austria), please make sure that you read and accept the Amazon Currency ConverterTM for Sellers Terms and Conditions by checking the box in the Bank Account section.
  • Enter new banking information and click the "Submit" button.

All future Payments disbursements will be transferred to this new bank account. Please be aware that updating your bank account information will not affect past settlements or disbursements already being processed. If funds cannot be accepted into a closed account, they will be returned to Amazon and posted to your current balance in US Dollars (USD) for reprocessing.

Required Bank Account Information

The "Global Bank Account Information" page in the Deposit Method section of your Seller Account allows you to enter information for a bank account in the US, UK, France, Germany or Austria. The information you will be required to provide depends on the option your select from the "Bank Location Country" drop-down menu.

The following table lists the requirements for each country. Additional country-specific details appear below the table.

Country Bank Account Information
United States Routing Number + Checking Account Number

United Kingdom

Bank Sort Code + Bank Account Number

France

Bank Code + Branch Code + Bank Account Number + RIB Key

Germany

Bank Code (BLZ) + Bank Account Number

Austria

Bank Code (BLZ) + Bank Account Number

Edited by Sudipto on 9/5/2010 at 6:34 PM EST

Yes but what i am trying to say is that amazon say that i don't have a seller account

and i can't believe i have paid £28 for this service they are only paying me £20 odd what a waste of money - i thought the info for my credit card was for them to pay the money in??

Sorry we are not Amzon support if you still need our help then please let me know..

well i would like it if you could please refund me the £28?

If you like to receive a refund, you may do so by clicking HERE. Refund requests are generally processed within 24 hours. However, it can take anywhere from 3-5 business days, depending on your bank, for your funds to be made available in your account.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Can you assist with my Amazon seller account. Just now I am
just now I am having trouble with my shipping plan … read more
Senior Engineer,
Request a refund for a payment. Need help and do not know
the cp is fine, my paypal account was charged with a bidnapper fee and I no longer use it. … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
I am so frustrated. There is nothing wrong with my computer.
I am so frustrated. There is nothing wrong with my computer. I am trying to sell books back to Amazon, filled out their form and could only get to a certain point. They want to send me my pin number, … read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Stop searching for answers—
I received information on an. I received an e-mail for
I received an e-mail for Amazon order which I think is a scam. … read more
Technical Support Executive,
Engineering Diploma
Received a notice that someone has purchased a book from our
Thank you! Received a notice that someone has purchased a book from our seeker account ad cannot get into the link. … read more
Alex Royce
Alex Royce
We are new to Amazon Central Seller, as of September, and I
We are new to Amazon Central Seller, as of September, and I cannot determine how to get some items which scanned to show up on our inventory listings on the internet. The items show up in inventory, b… read more
Hema Malini
Hema Malini
B Tech
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Am trying to place order online with amazon prime whwn i get
am trying to place order online with amazon prime whwn i get to end it tell me none of item can be sent . have fill out all the details to join which seem okay but its at the end i just cant finalise … read more
David L
David L
The bank account that is attached to my Kindle Book Account
The bank account that is attached to my Kindle Book Account was hacked and the Visa credit card was changed and now we can't purchase books. … read more
GeekGal
GeekGal
IT Director,
Bachelors Degree
I'm trying to sell items on Amazon. My Seller acct was
I'm trying to sell items on Amazon. My Seller acct was closed due to inactivity. When I try to register for a new seller acct, I get a message that I can't use my email address because it already exis… read more
Donna French
Donna French
Bachelor of Science
I am trying to pay for something thru my paypal account
I am trying to pay for something thru my paypal account however it is not on Ebay it is elsewhere how do I do that … read more
I need to set up an Amazon account. I have one with my
I need to set up an Amazon account. I have one with my husband but need to set one up just for me as I am getting ready to publish a book to sell on Amazon so I need help on how to go about this. … read more
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Associate of Science in Social Sciences
Not seeing tracking on purchase, hp,,win 10, just win 10,
not seeing tracking on purchase JA: What kind of computer do you have? Customer: hp,,win 10 JA: Have you installed any updates recently? Customer: just win 10 JA: Anything else you want the computer e… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
i just purchased a fly touch 10.1 from amazon it came with
i just purchased a fly touch 10.1 from amazon it came with a GPS package but with no instructions. i would like to ins tall but have no idea of what to expect or how to install. Please help me out. Th… read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
I havent heard a word from you or the book seller about my
I haven't heard a word from you or the book seller about my order... XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]… read more
computerguru86
computerguru86
I have published a book that has been listed on Amazon for
I have published a book that has been listed on Amazon for a number of months now, and I have no idea how to find out whether any copies have been sold, or how to get paid for those copies, if any hav… read more
Scott L
Scott L
Owner,
how do I file a claim for a vehicle that I have paid for per
how do I file a claim for a vehicle that I have paid for per your instructions? Item#170490473064, J,M,Scharr… read more
Josh H
Josh H
IT Systems Engineer II,
I purchased 2 CDs from Ebay that contains about 30 e-books.
I purchased 2 CD's from Ebay that contains about 30 e-books. The Seller said that these books on the CD can easily be transferred to my Kindle but when the CD's arrived there were not any instructions… read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I want to buy a car. I found a listing on craigslist.
I want to buy a car. I found a listing on craigslist. I email the person several times. They said they need my address to send the car to from california. The car is priced very low. I gave them my ad… read more
PCman
PCman
Software Engineer / Program Manager,
Bachelor Degree