Hi, I just purchased an Acer Aspire 1 notebook. I am not…

Customer Question
Hi, I just purchased an...
I just purchased an Acer Aspire 1 notebook. I am not used to working on notebooks or on windows 7. When I got into windows it made me set up a password XXXXX I did, checked out a few things out then shut down. I have not been able to acess windows as the password XXXXX thought I set up won't let me in. I contacted Acer , they sent me the... Read full answer
I just purchased an Acer Aspire 1 notebook. I am not used to working on notebooks or on windows 7. When I got into windows it made me set up a password XXXXX I did, checked out a few things out then shut down. I have not been able to acess windows as the password XXXXX thought I set up won't let me in. I contacted Acer , they sent me the recovery disks , I followed the instructions to re-boot the system put in the System disk which loaded windows files, this took me right back to the windows log-in asking for my password. I need help as I just keep going around in circles.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
9/4/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Please follow the steps below to use the recovary disc if you have already tried the steps then let me know...please read the instructions carfully

1. Power on the machine
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
4. Click “OK” to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press “OK” to reboot unit
I have the screen on Select REstore type but it won't let me move around.
What you can see on the screen?

Acer Recovery manangement (V7.5.3.6)

1. Select Restore type on left side of screen on the right 2 options:

Complettely Restore System to Factory defaults

2. Restore Operarting System & retain user data

I highlighted the 1st option but nothing happens when I press enter.

Do you have inserted the recovary disc in the laptop?
No which disk should I start with the System disk or the recovery disk 1
Follow the steps below to use the recovary discs...

1. Eject the CD-ROM tray
  2. Insert the System CD, marked Disk 1.
  3. Select Start, Shutdown, Restart
  4. The System disk will be detected and boot into the graphical menu
  5. Select your language
  6. Click HDD Full Rebuild
  7. Remove the System CD and insert the Recovery CD (Disk 2-1), then press OK.
  8. Press OK to install the displayed OS.
  9. Press OK to agree to the License Agreement.
  10. Choose the partitioning that you would like to use and press OK.
    It is suggested that you use the existing partitioning.
  11. The system will begin to restore the factory software image.
  12. Remove the Recovery CD when prompted and insert the System CD.
  13. The system will reboot
  14. Remove the System CD when prompted
  15. Press the space bar to complete the recovery process

Edited by Sudipto on 9/4/2010 at 7:35 PM EST

I put the disk in heard it running but am not getting any options but am not getting any options to start, reset or shutdown.

there is an exit option but that does nothing.

Please insert the system disc then shut down the laptop by pressing the power button then restart it and follow the rest of the steps...............keep the disc in the drive.

1. The System disk will be detected and boot into the graphical menu
  2. Select your language
  3. Click HDD Full Rebuild
  4. Remove the System CD and insert the Recovery CD (Disk 2-1), then press OK.
  5. Press OK to install the displayed OS.
  6. Press OK to agree to the License Agreement.
  7. Choose the partitioning that you would like to use and press OK.
  8. The system will begin to restore the factory software image.
  9. Remove the Recovery CD when prompted and insert the System CD.
  10. The system will reboot
  11. Remove the System CD when prompted
  12. Press the space bar to complete the recovery process

So far I have been going around in circles again. The disk is in ,windows is loading files, then brings me to select language which I select english, loads files again then brings back to select language again & I go through the same process again getting no where.
Sorry for the late reply I cannot reply due to technical problem on my end anyway do you have clicked on "HDD Full Rebuil" because without that the disc will be used for repairing the existing installation of windows and in that way the password XXXXX nit be removed.

Hi sorry I needed a long break from this as I am still going around in circles.

The disk is in , windows is loading files , I get to the language screen hit continue & the whole process starts again.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I locked myself out of laptop.When I try to open forgot
I locked myself out of laptop.When I try to open forgot password ***** no recovery disc.Brand new acerAspireE1-731-4699… read more
Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen
Functional Systems Administrator,
Electronics Engineering
Our Acer Aspire laptop had a hard drive crash and I replaced
Our Acer Aspire laptop had a hard drive crash and I replaced it with a brand new drive. The operating system was preloaded when I purchased the notebook and hence we do not have OS CDs. Their tech sup… read more
Network & System Administrator,
My laptop will not install windows update it seems to be locked
My laptop will not install windows update it seems to be locked up message on screen allday///do not turn off your computer 1 of 1 updates being installed… read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
Stop searching for answers—
LOST RECOVERY DISKS ON 2 LAPTOP COMPUTERS I PURCHASED FOR MY
LOST RECOVERY DISKS ON 2 LAPTOP COMPUTERS I PURCHASED FOR MY CHILDREN IN COLLAGE. THEY THROUGH THEM OUT WHEN MOVING. BOTH ACER ASPIRE 3690 SERIES BOTH MODEL NO. BL50 DON'T SEE SN NO. ON EACH JUST THE … read more
IT Consultant,
I have an Acer Aspire 5538 with Windows 7. It ran into problems
I have an Acer Aspire 5538 with Windows 7. It ran into problems and asked for my recovery disk. I didn't have it at the time, but now have it, and have put it into the computer. A screen headed System… read more
IT Consultant,
I need to restore my computer back to factory settings after
I need to restore my computer back to factory settings after a virus. We bought it in 2007 and it has Windows Vista for an operating system. I got out the restore disk that I have saved since we bough… read more
IT Consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an Aspire One. There seems to be a lot of corruption
I have an Aspire One. There seems to be a lot of corruption on hard drive, after routine maintenance, ie disk clean, and defrag. Keeps locking up. Windows XP is OS. Would like to acquire a restoration… read more
IT Support/Administrator,
Can I purchase Acer Extensa 4620 notebook system restore disks
Can I purchase Acer Extensa 4620 notebook system restore disks? My laptop has a virus and I'm unable to burn restore CD's from it now.… read more
IT Support/Administrator,
I HAVE AN ASPIRE 8920, IT DOESNT PLAY BLU-RAY ANYMORE. CAN
I HAVE AN ASPIRE 8920, IT DOESN'T PLAY BLU-RAY ANYMORE. CAN I SEND IT IN AND GET IT RESTORED TO ORIGINAL, OUT OF THE BOX, CONDITION ?… read more
IT Support/Administrator,
Ive tried to recovery from my back-up DVD my ACER ASPIRE 5532 labtop. On the
I've tried to recovery from my back-up DVD my ACER ASPIRE 5532 labtop. On the end I've got message. WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT BE THE CAUSE. TO FIX THE PROBLEM… read more
IT Support/Administrator,
Hi, We have an Acer Aspire 3810T. Last night it turned itself
Hi, We have an Acer Aspire 3810T. Last night it turned itself off and windows will not start. After the initial boot sequence, a window appears to perform recovery. After pressing enter, it stalls and… read more
Dragonfly
Dragonfly
Hello. I run an Acer Aspire AM3100 U5204A with MicroSoft Windows
Hello. I run an Acer Aspire AM3100 U5204A with MicroSoft Windows Vista Home Premium. It is a 64 or X86, which I am told are synonyms. During an update a week or two ago, my wife accidently turned off … read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
Stop searching for answers—
I just bought a Aspire X 1301 I had a virus so I had to do
I just bought a Aspire X 1301 I had a virus so I had to do a factory install. Now it starts to boot up then stops it wants a disk. I don't have one.I dont know if the operating system is messed up. Is… read more
IT Consultant,
I am trying to re install the operating system from the discs
I am trying to re install the operating system from the discs created when the machine was new. It goes through the Now partitioning screen, but then puts up a screen with system restore will overwrit… read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
Hi! Ive got an Acer Aspire 5100 and I wanted to restore all
Hi! I've got an Acer Aspire 5100 and I wanted to restore all the original settings. The first time I used it, I made two back up discs(bit more than 3 years ago). So I thought its an easy task just pu… read more
IT Consultant,
Hi,, my Dads Aspire 5536 has just gone belly up, and when
Hi,, my Dad's Aspire 5536 has just gone belly up, and when we tried to recover it, using the recovery disks made when we bought it, disk 5's gone missing... anything we can do?… read more
APARAJITA
APARAJITA
IT Consultant / Advocate Delhi Court,
Micrsoft Certified Professional
My acer one has locked up. I can hear the hard disk, but screen
My acer one has locked up. I can hear the hard disk, but screen is black. I had to shut it down with switch when it froze with message "updating" settings, or something like that.… read more
Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Desktop Support Technician,
I have an Acer Aspire 5580/5570/3680/5570Z Series Laptop Serial
I have an Acer Aspire 5580/5570/3680/5570Z Series Laptop Serial # XXXXX and I am in need of a Recovery Disk, as I can't load it and Error code 4159 keeps coming up. It does nothing, but says Setup can… read more
IT Consultant,