Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

i need to restore my dell inspiron 1525 to factory settings

i need to restore my dell inspiron 1525 to factory settings without the CD. I tried doing the F8 thingy, pressing enter on "repair my computer", ot after i log in, the dell factory image menu never pops up....i'm lost.
Chat Conversation Started
RussellA :

Hi, My name isXXXXX will be assisting you with your question. Bookmark RussellA.Com to find me again!

RussellA :

If you want to restore your system back to the way it was shipped, when the system boots, immediately press the ctrl and F11 keys at the same time and you will enter the Dell Recovery Restore Utility.

You should have backed up any files that you may need after the restore completes because all the data on the system will be lost.

After you enter the Dell Recovery Restore Utility, just follow the instructions and the restore should complete in approximately 8-15 minutes, depending on how much data is to be restored.

When the restore is complete and the system reboots, you will need to enter all the user information as you did when you originally started the system.

When back to the desktop, you can then install any programs you may have used after you got your system and copy any files that you backed up.

Below is a link to the Dell site and the Owners Manual for you system.

Inspiron 1525 Manual

It shows how to restore the system from wihtin Windows XP and/or Vista.

Hope this helps.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
If you have no further questions, Please mark this Question as Answered, and leave me a POSITIVE REVIEW!

Best of luck,
Russ
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this answer does not even come close to working. First of all, the manual says that I should be using F8, not CNTRL F11, ofr my OS, which I told you was Vista , not XP. Secong of all, I told you that the Dell Recovery does NOT come up even when I do press enter on repair system and log in. It DOES NOT come up...that's the mani problem. I can't locate that option to even do a system factory reboot. It's gone! So how an I suposed to bring my laptop to the original defaults without: 1) a CD 2) F8 and F11 not doing anything but taking me an endless circle 3) NO dell factory recovery options. This was NOT goood service!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

It looks like the dell factory recovery partition is corrupted. The only other way is to reset your computer to factory settings is having recovery disk. Please click here to request Recovery Disk from Dell website.

Thanks,
-Viet
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks. this is a very acceptable answer. Just ordered the CD. Thanks allot!