Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

My Skype wont let me make any outgoing calls.

My Skype won't let me make any outgoing calls.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 7 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What EXACT error message do you get ?

Thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I get a pop-up stating, "Sorry, calling ('so & so') failed you need Skype Credit to call this phone number."

Please follow the steps below:

1- Click here ---> www.skype.com

2- Click "Sign In"

3- Enter your skype name and password, then click "Sign me in"

4- Check your Skype credit there and let me know if it is OK or not.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
By the way, I did not purchase Skype credit I paid for a subscription for one year. With that I get a phone number, voicemail, calls in & out throughout US & Canada. Everything is working except the calling out.

Please check the Fair Usage Policy:

Calls to phones and mobiles and Skype To Go* calls are included in your subscription subject to a fair usage limit of 10,000 minutes per user per month, with a maximum of 6 hours per day. Also, no more than 50 different numbers in total can be called per day.

Have you exceeded this policy ?

Click here to see the information directly from Skype ---> http://www.skype.com/intl/en/legal/terms/fair_usage/

If you have exceeded the fair policy, you will need to contact Skype customer service clicking here ---> https://support.skype.com/support_request?

They have the right to reactive or suspend your subscription. Please explain you didn't know it, etc, etc.

Thank you

John Cappucci

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved. Thank you!)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I most definitely have not exceeded the fair usage policy.

So, it seems it is a Skype issue.

Please contact Skype customer service clicking here ---> https://support.skype.com/support_request?

Tell them you are not exceeded the policy. They will answer in 24 hours.

Please let me know when you receive the answer.

Thank you

John Cappucci