Having trouble sending e-mail to my group friends. I get the…

Customer Question
Having trouble sending e-mail to...
Having trouble sending e-mail to my group friends. I get the following meassage and I do not know what to do????
*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
delivery. The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the
section labeled: "----- The delivery status... Read full answer
*** ATTENTION ***

section labeled: "----- The delivery status notification errors -----".

The line beginning with "Diagnostic-Code:" describes the specific reason
your e-mail could not be delivered. The following lines contains the
RFC822 header of the original email message.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The delivery status notification errors -----

: host core-dab002b.r1000.mail.aol.com[172.29.13.219] said:
554 5.7.1 Your mail could not be delivered because the recipient is only
accepting mail from specific email addresses. If you feel you received
this in error, please contact the recipient directly and ask them to check
their email settings. (in reply to end of DATA command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Status: 5.7.1
Remote-MTA: dns; core-dab002b.r1000.mail.aol.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Your mail could not be delivered because the
recipient is only accepting mail from specific email addresses. If you
feel you received this in error, please contact the recipient directly and
ask them to check their email settings.

Return-Path:
Received: from core-dab002b.r1000.mail.aol.com (core-dab002.r1000.mail.aol.com [172.29.13.206])
by mtaout-mb05.r1000.mx.aol.com (MUA/Third Party Client Interface) with ESMTP id A508FE000087;
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:[email protected]
Full-name: Melha98
Message-ID:
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Halifax
To:[email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_bab6.be6901f.396ca534_boundary"
X-Mailer: AOL 9.5 sub 155
X-AOL-ORIG-IP: 96.233.190.110
X-Originating-IP: [172.29.46.153]
x-aol-global-disposition: G
X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE: 0:2NNN-NN-NNNN93952408
X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT: 0
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1d29454c3b4b344506
X-AOL-IP: 172.29.13.206
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
7/12/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a global technical support site.

Just to clarify, we are not representatives of AOL. We are IT professionals that are experts in the field of computers.

The error message above is in reference to the RFC822 validation process.

Have you contacted the other recipient you are emailing to ensure that they are "accepting" emails from you? They may need to add you to their "whitelist" and be sure they have you listed as an "accepted" sender.

The problem is that the other party is blocking your emails.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.

How do I find out who that person is to check as I have quite a few names I'm sending to?

Phil

It is listed in the message you sent in the initial post (our system blocks full email addresses so it is X'd out on my end).

Look for the line "Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected] Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected] Action: failed Status: 5.7.1 Remote-MTA: dns; core-dab002b.r1000.mail.aol.com"

The place where the X's are is the recipient that you need to contact.

Final Recipient is [email protected] and the Original recipient is [email protected].

That's me.

Don't understand. Had no problem in the past.

Okay, how about the line

"Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:04:52 -0400 (EDT) From: [email protected] Full-name: Melha98 Message-ID: Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:04:52 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Halifax To: [email protected] MIME-Version: 1.0"

Either one of these not you?

The message from [email protected] is from me (Melha98) to me (melha98) with a BCC to all my friends.

Subject :Halifax

Do you block any recipients? If so, are you blocking yourself?

Send an email yourself and see if you get the same message.
The same problem. I must be blocking myself. Not sure how that happened how do I resolve that????
Go to http://webmail.aol.com

Log in with your AOL username/password

Go to Settings in the upper right.

Go to Spam Controls

In the Spam Filters by Address go to Custom

Select Allow Mail From

Type in your email address.

Click the + sign to add the address.

Click Save to save the changes.

Now attempt to send an email to yourself.

Update me on the results.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX slow as I could not find Custom but I did put in to alllow e-mail from AOL user.

Thanks

No problem. Let me know if you have any more problems.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please press the ACCEPT button so I can receive credit for my time. Pleasure to assist you. Thank you.
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am receiving rejected emails which were normaly being accepted
I am receiving rejected emails which were normaly being accepted by useing my email [email protected] In the message I receive it looks like the email account being refrenced is in the following m… read more
Computer Specialist,
Would like to chat more about this ip address. Where is it
Would like to chat more about this ip address. Where is it coming from? Exactly [email protected] Fri Nov 18 10:00:40 2011 X-Apparently-To:[email protected] via 98.138.90.98; Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:00:47 -… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
Can you please check were this person is emailing me from,
Can you please check were this person is emailing me from, what country and what is the IP adress? From Jonathan Anthony Mon Sep 12 04:03:54 2011 X-Apparently-To:[email protected] via 98.138.90.96; Mon, … read more
MasterTechPCLAN
MasterTechPCLAN
Wintel Technical Lead,
Stop searching for answers—
I received lots of messages from people on my mailing list
I received lots of messages from people on my mailing list saying they receivedthe following message this morning: 6/23 - Mailer - Daemon - returned mail: see transcript for details. Also this is the … read more
Computer Science Engineer,
I am getting my mail sent back to the sender saying I dont
I am getting my mail sent back to the sender saying I don't have an account with yahoo and that is not true. How can I correct that? Not all of the e-mails have that problem some come through just fin… read more
Jess
Jess
I use aol for my email I have been receiving a mail demon explaining
I use aol for my email I have been receiving a mail demon explaining they can't be sent because of to many hops. I have never before experienced this and none of the addresses have changed.… read more
Computer Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Mike, to answer your question, all that is left of the address
Mike, to answer your question, all that is left of the address is: @aol.com! My messages are not too long, nor is his box full. It may be that he can't receive e-mails from the US? That wouldn't make … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I used to be able to send mail to myself. It was a PERFECT
I used to be able to send mail to myself. It was a PERFECT way to remind myself of appointments and for my "to do" list. My AOL mail now rejects mail from myself. How can I change it back to the way i… read more
Computer Specialist,
AOL will no longer deliver to an email address I have sent
AOL will no longer deliver to an email address I have sent things to hundreds of times. What is strange is that if I use my comcast email, I can send to the same address from it. What happened? How do… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
yahoo technical support I receive e-mals from [email protected]
yahoo technical support I receive e-mals [email protected] and receive an error 554 when I send one and it states there is no account. I have been getting e-mails from her each day including today, b… read more
Computer Specialist,
Can you tell me what my aol email header means Its different
Can you tell me what my aol email header means? Its different than my other emails. It reads...Return-Path: Received: from mtaout-ma04.r1000.mx.aol.com (mtaout-ma04.r1000.mx.aol.com [172.29.41.4]) by … read more
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian
I had an email that was supposedly not delivered because of
I had an email that was supposedly not delivered because of a bad address. I was notified of this but my email did not go into the sent folder so I have lost its contents. How do I get that email back… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Computer Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
Hello I received an email from a friend (Chinese, but here
Hello I received an email from a friend (Chinese, but here in the US ) her address was from qq.com to my aol email address. I tried to reply but my mail to her was returned. Is there a way I can email… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Computer Engineer,
please cancel or put on hold my email account - ropctest i
please cancel or put on hold my email account - ropctest i was attacked and sent all my contacts trash emails. pls disconnect my email ropctest asap thx randy ortanez… read more
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN
self employed,
Diploma in applied electronics
Within the last week we started getting Mailer-Daemon bouncebacks
Within the last week we started getting Mailer-Daemon bouncebacks from our warehouse e-mail. They have checked their server and they are not finding a problem on their end. Rhondap is getting maybe 2 … read more
I cannot send AOL emails and the only message I receive is
I cannot send AOL emails and the only message I receive is "The message was not sent because of an error" "The message cannot be sent". They also started returning mail sent yesterday afternoon with M… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I HAVE AN E-MAIL THAT I CAN NOT READ AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT ...
I HAVE AN E-MAIL THAT I CAN NOT READ AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO TO ENCODE IT OR WHAT EVER IT IS, SO THAT I CAN READ IT.… read more
CEO,
Master Degree