I have just installed Office 2007. I used the translation app…

I have just installed Office...
I have just installed Office 2007. I used the translation app to translate from Eng.ish into French. To my utteer astonishment on next using Out Look Express spell checker it came up checking my English words in French.

I tried putting it back to English, but when I opened up the options it would only give a choice of either French or... Read full answer

I tried putting it back to English, but when I opened up the options it would only give a choice of either French or French.!!!

How do I get back to having my emails spell checked in English?

As I have German as well as French friendsm how do I stop this weird linkage between translating in Word 2007 changing my Outlook express spell check in future?
7/9/2010
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answe..

Please follow the steps to solve this..

you would need to do is download a spellcheck software and install it. By installing this software it will change all the default dictionary languages to english, at which point it will allow you to start using spellcheck in english.

• Click here to download the software.
  • Once you have downloaded the software, double-click on the file and continue with the setup.
  • Once that is complete, restart your computer.
  • Now test it out and you should have your spellcheck back up and running.

• Also another solution is ..

1. Run Setup from another Office installation disk.
    2. Select "Custom Install".
    3. Turn Off ALL of the product installations. (Right-Click icon and select "Not Available")
    4. Under "Office Shared Features", set "Proofing Tools" to "Run all from My Computer" This should install the English, French, and Spanish dictionaries. English alone would probably solve the problem.

Edited by bineesh on 7/9/2010 at 8:06 AM EST

Thank you for answering the first part of my questionm: I am now back into English.

Now for the second part.

As I wish to use Word 2007 translation facility for French and German does this mean that when I do I will have my English email spell check changed into one of these two languages as before and if so does this mean I have to run the prgramme your provided again wheneveer I do this?

Word translation facility and spell check uses diffent process...

It wont interfere...Try and let me know..
    bineesh
    bineesh, Computer Support Specialist
    Still looking for an answer to your question? 
    Similar Q&As
    How do I change the spell check language in Outlook Express....currently
    How do I change the spell check language in Outlook Express....currently French with no options given.… read more
    Technical Support Executive,
    Engineering Diploma
    I have installed Office 2007 language settings are English
    I have installed Office 2007 language settings are English but spell check in Outlook Express are French. I run Windows XP Home. How do I fix it?… read more
    Managing Director,
    I installled office 2007 and now outlook express spell check
    I installled office 2007 and now outlook express spell check is in french and there is no alternate language how do I get it back to english… read more
    IT Consultant,
    Stop searching for answers—
    I just updated from 2000 to Office 2007. When I spell check
    I just updated from 2000 to Office 2007. When I spell check email in Outlook before sending it, it will only use French. There is no option for English. All other language settings, in both Outlook an… read more
    Baisil
    Baisil
    Spell Check in Office 2007 Word shows French words. How can
    Spell Check in Office 2007 Word shows French words. How can I change this to English. I have tried Tools, Options,Spelling, and the French won't change to English.… read more
    Erik B.
    Erik B.
    Network Engineer,
    1.see to be unable to link to site listed in an email 2.
    1.see to be unable to link to site listed in an email 2. spell checker is in french and I can't seem to change it to english. spell checking in french is tough.… read more
    Jerry Hannell
    Jerry Hannell
    Get a personalized answer to your question. 
    I bought a used computer and the Outlook Express spell checker
    I bought a used computer and the Outlook Express spell checker is in French only. I went to Tools, Options, Spelling. At the bottom of the box where it says Language there is a window that says French… read more
    Santonu
    Santonu
    Hardware Engineer,
    PGDCA
    outlook expres email. under tools/ options/ spelling/ the
    outlook expres email. under tools/ options/ spelling/ the language used when spelling is checked is french. i see no alternative. how do i change to english?… read more
    Computer Consultant,
    MS Electrical Engineering
    Having had a problem with my computer the spellcheck on Outlook
    Having had a problem with my computer the spellcheck on Outlook Express is now French and the Tools/Options/Spelling offers no alternative. HELP… read more
    Microsoft outlook express spell check checks my outgoing messages
    Microsoft outlook express spell check checks my outgoing messages in French. I have no other language choices in outlook express. I have checked My Computer the language of choice there is English. Ho… read more
    IT Support/Administrator,
    I have a new Dell computer with Microsoft Home and Student
    I have a new Dell computer with Microsoft Home and Student 2007 software. My Outlook Express seems to be French and the dictionary doesn't work. How do I change it to English?… read more
    IT Consultant,
    Running MS Outlook Express 6.0, the Spell Checker is using
    Running MS Outlook Express 6.0, the Spell Checker is using a French dictionary to spell check my English email since it was installed in my new HP Mini laptop. How do I get rid of the French and insta… read more
    Michael Hannigan
    Michael Hannigan
    Bachelor's Program
    Stop searching for answers—
    The Spell Check in my Outlook Express is set for French only.
    The Spell Check in my Outlook Express is set for French only. With no drop down options for English… read more
    Santonu
    Santonu
    Hardware Engineer,
    PGDCA
    My spell check language in outlook express is fixed on french
    My spell check language in outlook express is fixed on french (france) and doesn't give me an option to change so how do I change it? - microsoft word is ok… read more
    Comp Master
    Comp Master
    Engineer ,
    I recently bought Office Home and Student 2007 and installed
    I recently bought Office Home and Student 2007 and installed it on my home computer running XP Pro. When I write and e-mail message, in NZ English, the spelling checker checks the spelling in what app… read more
    Santonu
    Santonu
    Hardware Engineer,
    PGDCA
    I have just upgraded to a Dell Vostro 1710 and transferred
    I have just upgraded to a Dell Vostro 1710 and transferred my Outlook Express files using Laplink PC Mover. The program works fine but the Spell checker is now using French. When I go to Tools, Option… read more
    Santonu
    Santonu
    Hardware Engineer,
    PGDCA
    Hi, I have XP SP2 and Outlook Expres 6 instaslled. I have ...
    Hi, I have XP SP2 and Outlook Expres 6 instaslled. I have also Word 2003 installed. Outlook Express lets me spellcheck English, Spanish and French. How do I add German to it… read more
    John D
    John D
    Bachelor Degree in Engineering
    I lost the Spell-check feature in English in OUtlook ...
    I lost the Spell-check feature in English in OUtlook Express 6 since I upgraded to Office 2007 Pro Plus. It now uses a French Dictionary. When I use it all my all my English words are flagged as mispe… read more
    John D
    John D
    Bachelor Degree in Engineering