Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Incoming unformatted messages are showing up in a yellow font

Incoming unformatted messages are showing up in a yellow font in my inbox and are therefore unreadable. HTML messages show up in black so are OK to read. How can I change my settings so that the incoming unformatted messages show up in a readable color and font?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please tell me which email program you are using

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry. I have Outlook 2010 running in Windows 7.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Thanks,

Do the following please

Select Options, Mail Format, Fonts button. Set what you want to see and check Always
use my fonts.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks. Your answer was not very precise, but it did help me to figure out the correct answer and I can now read my incoming text messages. I think you were giving me instructions for Outlook 2007. The menus are a bit different in 2010.

I have another Outlook question, though. Can we consider it within the same Ask, I am willing to pay an extra $10 for this one.

I have two email accounts. One is POP3 and the other is IMAP (for AOL). How do I set up a folder that will show my AOL spam mail. In my old Outlook Program on my old computer, my AOL spam automatically appeared every day. Now I do not have such a folder for AOL spam. I do still have a folder for spam on my POP3 account.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

I only know how to do this with outlook 2007 though it may be similar. Can you try the following please as you need to subscribe to the folder

1. In Mail, in the Navigation Pane, click the Inbox for the IMAPaccount that contains a folder you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from.
  2. On the Tools menu, click IMAP Folders.
  3. Click Query.
  4. In the Folders box, click the folder you want to subscribe to. To select multiple folders, hold down CTRL while clicking folder names.
  5. Click Subscribe.

You should then see it

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK, Thanks. That worked too after a lot of trial and error, figuring out which menu items are equivalent in 2010. (Suggest you bone up on Outlook 2010 when you have time. It's a big improvement over Outlook 2007).

I now owe you $28. How do I pay you the extra $10?

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

your welcome.

Im still waiting a bit before 2010

You can click accept, and then pay a bonus when it asks if you like.

Also positive feedback is always appriciated.

Take care, was a pleasure working with you