hi. everytime i try to download windows 7 adviser from the…

Customer Question
hi. everytime i try to...
hi. everytime i try to download windows 7 adviser from the microsoft website i get a error message that says error creating process<c:\documen1\wayne3\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\startsetup.exe7.reason:thesystem cannot find the path specified
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until a menu appears.

Choose safe mode with networking

Once windows loads, try again please. Once completed you can then restart the computer normally.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you continue to have problems

hi. i have just tried it and it still comes up with the same message.
ok, can you tell me the exact error message with numbers please
error creating process<c:\DOCUME\wayne3\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\startsetup.exe7.reason:the system cannot find the path specified

ok can you please do the follow.

click start, run and type in %temp% and press enter

Delete all files in that directory and then try again please

Let me know if you still have difficulties

hi. it is still coming up with same message

ok, then when you download it, can you please choose to save it to your desktop.

Then when it completes run it from there.

Please let me know if you have difficulties doing this

hi. that still does not work? do you think there is something wrong with the computer?

yes im starting to think this.

So when you double clicked the file on your desktop, it cam up with an error? What was the error it said?