ps3 was making contact with my netgeat and now nothing i know…

Customer Question
ps3 was making contact with...
ps3 was making contact with my netgeat and now nothing i know nothing about ps3 like you can buy games for them...my nephew told me netgear is working for my laptop and other ps it is an high $$ router what do i do can you call me at XXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/30/2010
Tech Support Specialist: ahimsa2010, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
ahimsa2010
ahimsa2010, Computer Support Specialist
Greetings,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. Here I will try to assist you & solve your problem.

1. On the XMB go to Network Settings

2. Next go to Internet Connection Settings

3. Choose Wireless

4. Choose Enter Manually in WLAN Settings

5. Enter your SSID (your wireless network name)
If you have internet security, enter it after this.

6. Under Address Settings, choose Custom

7. Under IP Address Settings, choose Manual

8. Input your information (exactly as shown):
IP Address: 192.168.0.105 (enter your own IP)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Router: 192.168.0.1 (if you know your router already, use that number)
Primary DNS: 4.2.2.2 (it is important that you use these numbers)
Secondary DNS: 4.2.2.3

9. Continue on to MTU and choose Automatic

10. Continue on to Proxy Server and choose Do Not Use

11. Continue on to UPnP and choose Enabled

12. Click X to save your settings

13. Test your connection and see if this helped or not

14. Otherwise go to Netgear's support page and download and install the latest firmware for the NETGEAR

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/DG834Gv3.asp
1 what is xmb this is forieng to me i dont know untill you tell me call that all i need

No real short and to the point guides for setting up a static IP on your PS3. You need to set up a static IP to get the DMZ to work properly.

try this one: http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/sony-reviews-tips/5618-how-get-
type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

then do this:

"To Create a DMZ for RP614, MR814, FVS318, FVM318, WGR614

1. Open a Web browser, and type the router's IP address (The router's default IP address is 192.168.0.1). Click Go.
  2. Enter the username and password XXXXX the router (Default username is admin and password XXXXX password).
  3. From the browser Main Menu select Advanced > Security. Some routers, such as the MR814, use the WAN Setup Options, page, instead.
  4. Enter the server's IP address. (Your PS3's IP address)
  5. Click Apply. "
it was working earlier
Might be some setup problem has disturbed the settings. So please reconfigure your ps3 with netgear and check if that helps.