I tried to help my wife with an e-mail scam where someone from…

Customer Question
I tried to help my...
I tried to help my wife with an e-mail scam where someone from Nigera hacked her hotmail account password XXXXX is contacting her addressbook asking her contacts for money. I had a link I got for $17 from an expert from Just answers and Carol Ann Lucas filled out the information to the link and submitted it. She had no alternate e-mail address to have the info sent to so she used [email protected] Shortly after we started this action we were called out of town to Indiana with a family emergency and got back to Michigan in time to find that the response time was up. This whole ordeal has been a nightmare. I'm asking for another chanch for my wife to be able to get her [email protected] e-mail account restored. I suggested to her to create an alternate e-mail account which is [email protected] Thank-you for your understanding in this matter. Larry D. Lucas
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/30/2010
Tech Support Specialist: abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Hi there,

I think you already tried to reset the password XXXXX the Forgot your password link as follows

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

If the above failed to resolve the issue, the next step will be to use the Windows Live ID Validation page, at the following link

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlidvalidation&ct=eformcs&scrx=1

Please provide as much details as you can to prove your identity.

If they can verify your identity, the password XXXXX be reset
you do not need to be 100% correct with the information(it is not always possible to do so).
But try to provide as accurately as you can.

The password XXXXX will depend upon the accuracy of information you provide.

(if you are absolutely unsure about one specific information, skip that field.

First try to fill up the fields with a * very carefully.

After that, provide the other informations. There are some information about you which you can provide correctly and others can not,
While resetting the password, Hotmail looks for such information. If you filled the form correctly, there should not be any problem.

Please note that it may take upto 24 hours. The password XXXXX be sent to the alternate email provided by you

Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks
the link for the Windows Live ID Validation page does'nt work, there is a connection error.

The hotmail servers seem to be having problems at present, please try after some time.
The problem for me is to get results. So when I get a clear resolution for my delema I have no problem with the fee and giving positive feedback. The key for me is results. I hope the link works. I keep getting an error message stating connection problems.

I have helped many persons with the same problem. Please wait for a while. The site should come back soon