do you have to open outlook 2007 to have your email messages…

Customer Question
do you have to open...
do you have to open outlook 2007 to have your email messages forwarded
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/30/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dragonfly, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dragonfly
Dragonfly, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Just Answer

Yes, if you are using Outlook 2007 as your email client, then you have to open it to forward your email messages.

lemme know if you have any other query

Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Not neccessarily. Are you looking to forward your emails to Gmail, by any chance?

Regards
I need to fowarded them to another outlook 2007 account - no way i can do it with out openiing my email - you said i could forwarded them to an gmail account (which i do have) from that gmail account could i forward them to the outlook account i want
I see; just to clarify, are you looking to forward the emails to another Outlook account on the same computer itself, or a different computer?

Regards
a different computer.
Okay ...are both of the Outlook accounts using the same email address?

Regards
If you are looking to move emails from one out look account to another you can create a backup of mails to a local ".pst" file then you could move this file to another computer and import all the emails using this file. this would be much faster and easier then forwarding them to your gmail account first and then forwarding from your gmail
no two different emails

Okay ..there's no direct way you may forward emails from one Outlook account to another, without opening up the program itself. However, what you can do is login to your Gmail account first, then click on Settings at the top. Under 'Accounts and Import', click on the 'Add POP3 email account' to add both of your email accounts to Gmail, one after the other. Now, emails from both of your email accounts will be forwarded to Gmail when they come. Done that, configure a new account in Outlook to use Gmail with Outlook:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77689

Now, your emails from both of the accounts will be forwarded to Gmail, then to Outlook automatically.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Edited by B.Rath on 6/30/2010 at 1:29 AM EST
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist