Pivot Function How do I select data in a spreadsheet by specific…

Customer Question
Pivot Function: How do I select...
Pivot Function:
How do I select data in a spreadsheet by "specific year" or by the "name of a product" to insert in a pivot table?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dragonfly, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dragonfly
Dragonfly, Computer Support Specialist

My name isXXXXX will Try to help you with this query,

Which Office version are you using and could you share the file where an example could be shown?

I am a librarian tracking journals used by researchers at my library. Journal names and publication dates have been entered into a spreadsheet for each occurance of use. I need to know the number of times specific journal titles have been used. I will also need to track the use of journals by ages. I am working within a 2004 to 2008 publication range.

Christine

Thanks for the info Christine,

would it be possible for you to upload the spreadsheet so that I can have a look at it and give you the best possible way to solve your problem? Also are you working with office 2003 or 2007

I have made an example file for you

The "Data" sheet has all the data, The name column in the "Data"sheet could be compared to the Journal name. and the Pivot is on the sheet called "Pivot" on this sheet you could filter the results by clicking and selecting the name filter on the top. lemme know if you need more help on this

here is the link to download the file

http://www.sendbigfiles.com/a55c52dffc8b8747f4475e1c2866dd7a