I have been unable to close Quicken 2009 and open 2010. This…

Customer Question
I have been unable to...
I have been unable to close Quicken 2009 and open 2010. This is the first year I have have had this problem. Used all the other quicken programs without a problem. Please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ryan B., Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

Could you explain in detail what is happening?
I keep getting a notice that Firefox is trying to access me & Symantic is not permitting it./ I keep telling it is ok, but it keeps coming on.
I am trying to close the year 2009 on Quicken 2009. Under file -Operations. I do not get the Start New Year. All I get was make year end copy. Every other year I got the Start New Year.
Why is that?
Thank you for the reply, unfortunately i'm not sure of the answer to that one. I am going to opt-out and open your question to the other experts.
I am very sorry that you cannot help me.
Tech Support Specialist: Steven R., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Steven R.
Steven R., Computer Support Specialist

Hello, thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

It may help, but I am not 100%. I would try disabling/snoozing Norton for about an hour.

Then in 2009 I would run the end of year, make the copy, and use that to begin anew in 2010.

This may be your only recourse. You may also find the following page helpful

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/data-file-management/import-and-export/1703.html

If you found this information useful, I would appreciate the "accept." I also appreciate bonuses and positive feedback if you see fit. I hope this fixes your issue.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! Thank you for using JustAnswer, and have a great day!

Regards,