I made PPT show that has Adobe Acrobat pdf files embedded in…

Customer Question
I made PPT show that...
I made PPT show that has Adobe Acrobat pdf files embedded in it. During the show, only the top page of each pdf is displayed. How do I get more pdf pages to show without going to the next PPT slide?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Josh H, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Josh H
Josh H, Computer Support Specialist
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you!

What version of PowerPoint are you using?

Thanks!
Also, how much of the pdf needs to be seen?

Do you want to scroll multiple pages or simply show the content of one page?

Thanks!
Josh;

I would like to scroll through the pdf. I am NOT going to decompose each pdf into single pages and import them into the PPT.

Using PPT 2007

Dave
Alright, here is an article from Microsoft regarding creating a "scrolling effect" for multiple page PDFs (as well as Word documents and images). It seems in depth, but it is the only method I have found that will achieve the results you want.

Create a Scrolling Effect in PowerPoint 2007

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!
Josh; Nice try, but no cigar...

She said, "In order to use this method, your object must be a picture, so you’ll need to convert it either using Microsoft Office or a 3rd party software." PDF files are not pictures.

The link to document via icon is something I already know about but requires more work.

LiveWeb is not an option because of the download.

Cheers,

Dave

I'm sorry about that. I don't currently have a solution and I will not be able to respond until later tonight, so I'm opting out for the time being. If nobody else resolves your issue by the time I'm back, I will continue investigating.

Good luck!
Tech Support Specialist: Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering
There is no way to do this. One source that I found put it very well:

Converting or placing a PPT into a PDF is like turning meat, potatoes, water and veggies into stew.

Converting or placing a multi-page PDF into a PPT is like taking stew and trying to turn the stew back into the original meat, potatoes, water, and veggies. It is as close to impossible as you can get.

Your only real option is to take a utility like PDFsam: http://www.pdfsam.org/

And using it to split your multi-page PDF into a bunch of single page documents. It does it automatically. Then you can place them into the PPT file individually.

I am sorry, I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you aren't going to get a much butter option.

_______________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your question. If my answer helped at all, please accept. Positive feedback and/or a bonus is always greatly appreciated!