I have downloaded google and now my system is locked up...I…

Customer Question
I have downloaded google and...
I have downloaded google and now my system is locked up...I can not open any of my programs, I can not get customer servive, I am a business and my compant is down...I need help, who can help me remove this mess so I can get back to running my business?

I receive several error messages like 2330 and others, Google has totaly screwed up my computer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer.

What program did you install from Google? Google Chrome?

Most cases can be solved with a system restore to a prior date.

Reboot your PC, as soon as it starts to boot back up, press the F8 key repeatedly until you get a screen called Advanced Boot Options.

Select the Repair Your Computer option.

Once booted up, you will want to go to the System Restore option, go to the earlier date option, and then select a date prior to when the problems started. Complete this process and then your PC will reboot.

Allow your PC to start up normally and then see if this resolves your issue.

Update me on the results. I will be here to assist you.

Good luck! Cool

I do I get back to you after I try this?

Yes please.

Bookmark this page by press CTRL and D --- this will save this page to your Favorites.

Alternatively, copy down this URL:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3omkl-i-have-downloaded-google-and-now-my-system-is-locked-up-i

Update me on the results. Good luck.

Mr Clark...did not work....it is telling my that I have corrupt program date...and the error message is oX80070570

If you cannot access system restore, you will need to reinstall Windows.

This will remove all files from your PC. If you need to access files to backup to an external harddrive, you can attempt to do so from Safe Mode w/Networking.

Safe Mode with Networking can be access by rebooting your PC, tapping the F8 repeatedly with about a 1 second interval until you get a Advanced Boot Options window and selecting Safe Mode with Networking. From here, you will need to backup your personal files.

To reinstall your OS/restore from factory, there are three routes to take to do so.

#1 - Recovery Partition - If your machine has a recovery partition, this will restore your PC back to "factory"--as it was when you took it out of the box. When you boot up your machine, you should see a prompt for Recovery Boot and a key to press (most machines are F11). Press this key repeatedly until you get to the recovery console. Follow the on screen directions to restore your PC.

#2 - Recovery Disc - If you have the original disc that came with your PC, you should have a recovery disc within them. You will need to place this disc into your PC and boot to it. When you turn on your machine, look for a Boot Menu or Boot Options prompt with the key to press (most machines use F12). Press the key repeatedly until you get a boot options menu. Here, ensure the disc is in your CD/DVD drive and then select the CD/DVD Drive option. If prompted to press any key to boot to CD/DVD, do so. From here, follow the on screen direction to complete process.

#3 - Retail OS Disc - If you don't have a partition or disc to recovery from, you will need a retail version of Windows Vista/7 to install from. Be sure you have the product key (usually with the disc) or use the same version of Windows that is listed on your COA label on your PC (colorful sticker with the Windows version and product key on it). You will need to boot to the disc with the directions listed in #2.

This is pretty much the only route you have to repair your PC at this point.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will do my best to assist you. Good luck. Cool