my dell pp41L computer wasnt properly shut down and when I…

Customer Question
my dell pp41L computer wasn't...
my dell pp41L computer wasn't properly shut down and when I try to restart the computer in either a safe or normal mode it shows a screen of downloads then the screen goes blank and the computer screen doesn't appear?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ed, Computer Tech replied 8 years ago
Ed
Ed, Computer Tech

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX thanks for using JustAnswer. I will try to help you.

Please press the Ctrl key and the D key at the same time and the Add to bookmark this so you can get back here in case you need more help related to this.

Stick in your Dell Vista Cd and boot off it and run the startup repair and see if that solves the problem. If not just reply back.

Hi Ed,

The screen stays black thus I'm not able to see anything on my screen. I did insert my Dell Vista cd but nothing is happening. I've tried to restart in each mode and I will get a screen showing things are loaded or loading then then screen goes back black and nothing happens. After a while I will get a vista symbol floating across the page, but that's it

Keep tapping F12 key and then choose boot from CD. Then it will say press any key to boot from CD so press enter.

No luck the screen remains black but the computer appears to be running in the background but no screen I've repeatedly hit the F12 button numerous times with no response.

Sorry you have to tap the F12 key while it is first starting like when the Dell splash screen is up.

I will get back to you later as I have a call to make