How can I sync my Google calendar with Miscrosoft outlook.

Customer Question
I am using Windows 7....
How can I sync my Google calendar with Miscrosoft outlook. I am using Windows 7.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Please open the link below and read the full article carefully then follow the instructions to sync Google Calender with MS Outlook and let me know if it helps or not.

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=89955
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE SYNC IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7? AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT WILL WORK?
Then you have to use a third party program which you can download from the link below after downloading try it if you like it then you have to buy the program and one more thing you can use that if your Windows 7 is 32 Bit then you can give a try to google program sometimes Vista compatible programs easily run on Windows 7.

http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/
I downloaded the program you suggested I try. Now I have a bunch of duplicates and the sync is not compete. What can I do?
Sorry i have tried my level best but now I am out of ideas I will open the question to other experts so that they can help you...
Tech Support Specialist: Jim Bayliss, MSP Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
Jim Bayliss
Jim Bayliss, MSP Systems Engineer

Hi Tom,

I would suggest you go with the Google Calendar Sync to synchronize your calendars. That was the one located at http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=89955.

I have Win 7 64-bit with Office 2007 and it works fine for me. It is listed as "not supported", but not necessarily that it won't work. Just that Google will not provide support for it should you have issues.

As far as your duplicates go now, you can remove them from Outlook using ODIR, the Outlook Duplicate Items Remover. It is a free piece of software that will add-on to Outlook and remove duplicate items from whatever folders you select, including calendars. We used this for one of my customers who ended up with massive amounts of dupes from mail migration. You can find ODIR here: http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp

As far as duplicates in the Google Calendar go, unfortunately, there's no tool for that. Those will need to be removed by hand. Let me know if that satisfies your needs or if you need further assistance.

Edited by Jim Bayliss on 7/20/2010 at 2:45 AM EST
iT APPEARS THAT THE ODIR IS FOR WINDOWS VISTA. DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER ADDRESS FOR WINDOWS 7?

That is the same version I've used for Windows 7. You may need to turn off UAC in order to allow Outlook run with administrative privileges or right click on Outlook and choose Run as administrator to get it to enable ODIR inside of Outlook.