I have a unwanted spam which has attached itself to my address…

I have a unwanted spam...
I have a unwanted spam which has attached itself to my address book. How do I get rid of it.
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist

It will be my pleasure to assist you with your computer today. Most likely, the person who hacked into your email contacts list has already saved the addresses to their computer. Therefore, there is no way to go in and remove the email addresses from the hacker's database. Imagine the situation as if you had dropped a phone book on the sidewalk and your contacts started getting spam calls. There is no way you can go to that person and take the phone book away from them. Fortunately, unlike phone calls, most current email systems have fairly effective anti-spam settings that should block the majority of the messages from ending up in the recipient's inbox.

However, you should change your email account password XXXXX to block that individual's access to your account and prevent this from happening again in the future. I can provide you with instructions to change your email account password XXXXX you let me know the part of your email address after the @ symbol. Please do not respond with your full email address is this tech support message board is publicly accessible.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hunter O.
Hunter Owens

You can change your AOL Email Password XXXXX following the steps below:

1. On the AOL Toolbar, click Settings and then Passwords.

2. Click Change Password.

3. In the Change Your Password XXXXX type your old password XXXXX the Old password XXXXX

4. In the Enter new password XXXXX boxes, type the new password XXXXX the same way.

5. Click Change Password.

Have a great day,

Hunter