my canon mx310 has check printer 5B00 message, cannot get…

Customer Question
my canon mx310 has 'check...
my canon mx310 has 'check printer 5B00' message, cannot get it to print or to fax.
have checked cords going into machine and going into connection with computer, modum, outlet.

Machine over a year old, time to replace? Or can you kick-start it for me?
Mike in Maryland
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Let us first do the troubleshooting instead of replacing it.

Please try to print from the printer Console and not from computer and tell me if it is printing from the Printer.

Since, how long are you facing this issue? Did you make some changes on the printer?

have tried to print, and still just get the alarm-amber-light and green on-off flashing.

i have 3 student types living in my home and some of them use my computer, so that

could be why I am having problem, sort of comes-with-the-rent but a couple have

their own laptops, mine is an emachine desktop.

This problem just started mid-day today. m

one screen says 7 min. and when i 'reply' to send above, new screen says '15 min.',
neither of us have much patience in this busy world, hope you have some good news. mike schaefer in baltimore
1. Power off the printer.Open the case and check the cartridges. Those might be out of ink. Please take them out, shake them gently and reseat them and check the printer again. If that doesn't do it, clean the contacts with water or isopropyl alcohol.(power off when you do this)
2. Please check the paper jam as well.

3.Power off the printer

Unplug the printer's power cord, wait 5 seconds then replug the power cord in.

Hold the Power button for 6 Beeps

Release the Power Button

This will reset the printer and should resolve incorrect cartridge detection problems.

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

have put in new cartridge, do not see any 'POWER BUTTON' on mx310, you mus mean the On/Off button(green, blinking), have disconnected power court and reinserted,

still unable to print a copy from copy glass or off the computer or send/receive email.

Cannot get away from the CHECK PRINTER 5B00. Please advise further.

Turn on the Machine.
(1) Press MENU
(2) Press SCAN COPY SCAN to enter service mode
(3) USE > to got to NVRAM ACCESS
(4) set ABS-M LEVEL to 0
(5) set ABS-P LEVEL to 0
(6) Press STOP to EXIT