I HAVE RECENTLY SUFFERED A HARDWARE FAULT AND LOST ALL MY EMAIL…

Customer Question
I HAVE RECENTLY SUFFERED A...
I HAVE RECENTLY SUFFERED A HARDWARE FAULT AND LOST ALL MY "EMAIL" INBOX,SENT ETC. MESSAGES WHICH WERE STORED IN MY OUTLOOK pst. FILE.

I HAVE TRIED TO RETRIEVE MY"EMAILS" THROUGH MY BROADBAND SUPPLIER, BUT CONTINUOUSLY SAYS THAT MY "INBOX"IS EMPTY.

IS THERE ANY WAY IN WHICH YOU ARE ABLE TO RETRIEVE MY "EMAIL" OUTLOOK MESSAGES, WITHIN A PERIOD OF TIME.

THE ENGINEER WHO WAS ASSISTING ME TO RETRIEVE THE MESSAGES SUGGESTED THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE A POLICY OF ARCHIVING RETRIEVED OUTLOOK "EMAILS".

IT IS VER IMPORTANT TO ME THAT I AM ABLE TO RETRIEVE MY OLD "EMAILS"BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT AND SESITIVE DATA WHICH I NEED TO ACCESS.

I SUSPECT THAT MY ENQUIRY IS TAKING A "LONG SHOT" BUT NEVERTHELESS I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP.

MANY THANKS B.R.GORTON(MR.)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: James, Sr. Computer Support Expert replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Chat Conversation Started
James :

Hi, the emails are not archived anywhere.

James :

What happened to the PST file?

Customer:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION ?

James :

the messages were stored in a PST file, right?

James :

What happened to it?

Customer:

THE ENGINEER DICTATED MY CORRESPONDENCE TO YOU.

James :

Are you able to ask him what happened to it? That's the only chance we have to get your email.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

UNFORTUNATELY THE ENGINEER IS UNAVAILABLE

I HAVE CHANGED THE PC ALL EXISTING INFO HAS BEE TRANSFERRED ONTO THE NEW PC EXCEPT THAT THE OUTLOOK EMAIL MESSAGES WOULD NOT

TRANSFER .

THAT IS BY USING THE HARD DISC.

HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE

Makes perfect sense.

The only option we have - and it really is the only option - is to find that PST file.

The messages are no where else except in that PST file.

J.
I OBVIOUSLY NEED TO TALK TO THE ENGINEER WITH REGARD TO THE PST FILE IWILL THEN COME BACK TO YOU
Thank you. Once you have the PST, we can try to work with it. Wiithout it, we have no chance of recovering the mail.

J.