everything is working fine except when I click on one of my…

everything is working fine except...
everything is working fine except when I click on one of my sent messages, it will not display the message. It just gives me a blank page
6/29/2010
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Good day,

Who is your email provider?

Which program do you use to access your email (outlook, entourage, Internet Explorer, etc)?

Which operating system are you running?

Thank you.
I use Mozilla Thunderbird hosted by Host Monster. Im running on windows xp.
This can be resolved by compacting your mail folders. Follow the steps below:
- Close Thunderbird.
- Click the Start button > Run
- Type: %appdata%
- Click Ok
- Double click Thunderbird
- In the top menubar, click TOOLS > OPTIONS
- Click the VIEW tab
- Put a check next to VIEW HIDDEN & SYSTEM FILES
- Uncheck the Hide Known File types
- Click Ok
- Find and delete all of the files with the .msf file extension in the folder named "Mail" and all the folders within that MAIL folder
- Open Thunderbird
- Click the account on the left, and then click "File -> Compact Folders"

Please, update me on your status if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you greatly // Peace.

When I get to tools options view and unclick hide protected operating system files, I get a warning that my computer may be damaged as there are files in there that are needed to start and run programs. I'm afraid to go fowrard. Any comments on that?

Go forward with that. Choose yes.
Ok I went ahead and clicked that but now I only have a folder marked profiles and only gives me one gibberish file when I click on it and two other files neither of which say mail or have the msf distinction. Where should I be looking for these files. I'm in the Thunderbird folder.
What folder are you in?
The Thunderbird folder
I have ran out of ideas.

I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I will alert the next expert now.
It's been an hour and I haven't heard anything back from you.
Sorry about that. I will alert another Expert.
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN, engineer

Close thunder bird

Click Start-> Run

Type %appdata% and press Enter

A window will open

Open Thunderbird folder and then open Profiles folder.

You will find a folder .xxxx.default .where xxxx is a combination of letters and numbers.

Open the folder and search for the files

Sent.msf

Delete sent.msf

Then restart thunderbird.

Tell me how it goes.

Edited by Md.Rehan on 6/29/2010 at 10:47 PM EST
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN, engineer
Now I think I've really blown it! I went in deleted all files in mail and local folder that had the msf extention. Now I can't see my inbox either and I need to get all of this back! I feel really stupid now. Can you help me? The only sent.msf was in the local folders file so I deleted those and all others thinking msf was messing everything up.

Ok, believe it or not, my inbox just came back with all of my disappearing messages! Everything including the sent files are displaying the whole message. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much!

Thank you