I have corrupted my firfox installation by downloading mygeomate…

Customer Question
I have corrupted my firfox...
I have corrupted my firfox installation by downloading mygeomate jr by apisphere update package. when I uninstalled firefoxfox, restarted and went on IE and downloaded again, the new application still doesn't work
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Aitizaz, Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Aitizaz
Aitizaz, Software Engineer
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Did you uninstall firefox from Control Panel? and what happens when you try to open firefox?what is actually the problem with it?
yes I uninstalled from the control panel. I saved it to my desktop and two icons appeared, the original globe and the new 3.6.6 box. Neither connects and the 6.6 box is in a do-loop and keep in on it.alling when I click
please de-install both the versions by again going to control panel. to do that, please follow the instructions in the link below:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-us/kb/uninstalling+firefox

You will also get information on this from the following link:

http://www.terryscomputertips.com/computers/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-firefox.php

do this, restart your computer and then try to install firefox again. tell me the result.

I did finally get my firefox working,but the issue that occurred in the first place was inability to update my geomatejr through firefox browser....So I opened Internet explorer and it does recognize my usb update firmware, but when I try to download I get the error message "flash program failed due to loader error". What can I do to correct this downloading problem?? Is it failing because I am using a wireless connection?

The problem doesnt seem to be with the wireless connection.

i have not much knowledge on working of geomatejr. Cant you download the update without plugging in the geomatejr? if yes, then first download the update and then go for installing the update on your gematejr.

tell me the result so that we can resolve the issue if its not solved this way.
please go to the following link and download internet explorer 8 ( if you dont have it already)

http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Explorer/3000-2356_4-10013275.html?tag=mncol

once done it( or you already have it), go to the following link and download Flash Player for your Internet Explorer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com

once installed, open internet explorer and then try to update your geomatejr.

tell me the result.
Geomate jr update kit is firmware not softwate so the cable needs to be connected. This is when I get the error message. I have downloaded both IE 8 and adobe flash player and both foxfire and internet explorer give me the same problem.
i am out of ideas on this issue. i will opt out to open this question to other experts.i regret any inconvenience.
Tech Support Specialist: Ryan B., Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

Ah, yes, the "Flash Programming Failed" message. Yep, there was a found a little problem on some computers (well, more the USB hardware configuration) that causes problems with the database update. Good news though! This is fixed. Please uninstall the existing Update Kit Software, go back to the web site, download the software again and install this version. You should be good to go after that.

Please go ahead and email The geomate Tech direct [email protected] if you need any further assistance.