I am my wits end. Purchased my Toshiba Laptop in Charlotte,

Customer Question
I am my wits end...
I am my wits end. Purchased my Toshiba Laptop in Charlotte, NC at Best Buy on Dec. 29th. My husband passed in December. Due to being so busy with estate papers etc. I did not even attempt to use it until about mid April. I have probably only sent or received about 20 e-mails. Tap-pad gave problems at first. Then when I tried to open it, I would get this horrific alarm telling me Windows failed to open. My young neighbour next door tried for me - same thing for her - she had never seen this before. I was visiting in Charlotte in June, so took laptop with me, thinking my son-in-law could fix it. He had never seen the alarm etc. Contacted Toshiba there, they ran him through a series of steps, asked permissdion to erase everything - they did, and it still "alarmed". Tokk it back to Best Buy, Charlotte, - they needed it for 10 days to diagnose - I was not going to be there for 10 days, so I brought it back. They suggested Best Buy in Belleville would honour my sales slip etc. I did, of course the alarm did n ot go off there, but the tachnician re-installed everyhting and told me to work with it. That was 3 days ago - this morning I tried it and immediately the alarm came on. I feel Toshiba needs to look at this. I have a laptop I cannot use, and am stilling working on a ten year old IBM desktop - with not problems at all. PPLEASE ADVISE pRODUCT NO. IS hg778-y2ty3gqh39. tOSHIBA x9353567q
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you tell me exactly what the alarm says please.

The alarm goes off first - like a weather alarm on TV JUST A SOUND!! Then a black screen shows up with a statement to the effect that Windowws has failed to open and I have the option of doing a "restore", which I have done, my neighbour has done and so has my son-in-law - no one who has observed this alarm and screen have ever seen this before.. The other optioin is to open windowes which does not work either. I went through the restore process again this morning - to no avail. Toshiba contact by phone from Charlotte wiped everything out to begin again. This did not work. I have a laptop that I cannot use and no one can help me with. I feel Toshiba needs to get this product back and make it right. I might add that I am 76 years olf and doing my best to keep up with technology. This old desktop is amazing in comparison to a new laptop. PLEASE HELP ME GET TOSHIBA TO TAKE THIS BACK AND REPLACE OR REPAIR. Computer Geeks in Belleville did not seem to want to contact Toshiba for me

Hi there,

sorry but as I am not affiliated with Toshiba I cant do this, but I can work with you to fix the problem.

First I need to know, do you have any data on the laptop you wish to keep?

Do not have ANYTHING on laptop. Toshoba service contact wiped it all clean about June 12th PM Really don't feel like going through a lot of steps to do this. I think I will soon have to contact Toshiba directly. For now I will have to do some other things - paybills etc., so I will be away for most of the afternoon. Will check when I get back in. At this point I'm so frustrated, I don't think I would respond well or quickly to th e things you might want me to try. e.g. I am using desktop in my rec room - laptop is upstairs.
I am now dealing directly with Toshiba Canada. Hopefully I can get this resolved. Please do not process the 20.00 VISA - un fortunately I feel that you were unable to help me. P. Welch