Ive been told I have full service till Jan. 2011, but everytime…

Customer Question
I've been told I have...
I've been told I have full service till Jan. 2011, but everytime I use my computer I get a pop-up saying your computer is not fully protected. I would like to stop the pop-ups.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

This looks to be either a Malware or Spyware infection on your computer trying to trick you into purchasing additional software.

To remove this, download the follow two (free) programs. Install them and run a complete scan.

(use the free trial version as it is enough to remove this)

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Please click yes to removing any threat that are found. Once completed the popup should then be gone.

If you require any additional information, or have further difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me.

you say click yes, but I don't see where to click!

this is when you have downloaded the programs I asked you to, run a full scan and threats are found. It will ask you if you wish to remove this and that is what I would like you to click yes to please

Please let me know if you require additional information.

how do I download the program. Is there a charge for the program? What program?

Please read the below carefully

download the follow two (free) programs. Install them and run a complete scan.

Please click yes to removing any threats that are found during the scan. Once completed the popup should then be gone.