I cant access my yahoo account and i have forgotten my sercurity…

Customer Question
I cant access my yahoo...
I cant access my yahoo account and i have forgotten my sercurity questions
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
D.Sandlin :

Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

D.Sandlin :

do you have yahoo messenger installed?

Customer:

no

D.Sandlin :

ok.. is this a yahoo plus account, or a regular account?

Customer:

regular account

D.Sandlin :

Ok thanks..

D.Sandlin :

it sounds like you account may have been compromised

D.Sandlin :

how long have you not been able to log in?

Customer:

About four days now. I was trying to change my password

D.Sandlin :

Ok.. what is your yahoo id? just the part before the @ sign

Customer:

rachealbandap

D.Sandlin :

right now your accont is security locked for 24 hours..

D.Sandlin :

Im not sure when that started.. have you seen that message before?'

D.Sandlin :

recently?

Customer:

Yes, i was trying to log on this morning and i did that several times. So it got locked

D.Sandlin :

Ok..

D.Sandlin :

right now.. we have to wait.. theres no way around it..

D.Sandlin :

what id like to do

D.Sandlin :

is have you save the link below

D.Sandlin :

come on tommorow morning

D.Sandlin :

and let me try to help you reactivate the account

D.Sandlin :

if we keep trying now.. it will only extend the lock time..

D.Sandlin :

is that ok with you?>

D.Sandlin :

and please dont click acceept

D.Sandlin :

as that will take us out of chat mode

Customer:

Yes thats fine. But am only going to be free at 10pm UK time

D.Sandlin :

Im sorry .. its been a long day.... im on east coast us time..

D.Sandlin :

Are you five hours ahead of me?

D.Sandlin :

is it.. 1pm your time?

D.Sandlin :

right now

Customer:

Yes it is

D.Sandlin :

Ok.. we need to try and wait till the security lock expires..

D.Sandlin :

10 pm your time today?

D.Sandlin :

that may be enough time..

D.Sandlin :

or did you mean tommorow?

Customer:

Tommorow

Customer:

Is that ok with you

D.Sandlin :

ok....

D.Sandlin :

let me think for a second..

D.Sandlin :

that will be ... 5 pm wednesday for me?

D.Sandlin :

yes.. that works,..

D.Sandlin :

once again. dont click accept yet ok

Customer:

How do i now access this chat tomorrow

D.Sandlin :

i need you to save the link below

D.Sandlin :

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3ok1r-i-cant-access-my-yahoo-account-and-i-have-forgotten-my-sercurity

D.Sandlin :

save that link.. and then come back to just answer tommorow.. log in.. click on my questions.

D.Sandlin :

you should see this chat on your list

D.Sandlin :

dont start a new question if you dont see it. new questions charge new security deposits

Customer:

Ok thanks a lot

D.Sandlin :

One more thing

Customer:

ok

D.Sandlin :

dont try and log in any more till we get online together ok??

D.Sandlin :

we dont want to extend the security lockout

Customer:

ok

D.Sandlin :

Do you have an alternate email address you can use till then?

Customer:

Yes, my husbands

D.Sandlin :

ok... in that case.. i will be looking for you at 10pm uk time tommorow..

D.Sandlin :

do you have any questions for me ?

D.Sandlin :

before then

Customer:

Thank you very much and thats all for today

D.Sandlin :

Ok. take care for now then!