I dont why my laptop turns itself off every five to ten senconds…

I don't why my laptop...
I don't why my laptop turns itself off every five to ten senconds of turning it on, and it becomes very hot.

Hi

Welcome to just answer.

This is may be because of overheating, you probably just need to clean the heatsinks.
There are guides on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugsS0gv8ys

Just right click the power icon (bottom right of your screen) and select Power Options. From there you will see a variety of options that can be adjusted to your favor preferences

Once the dust is removed you should be back to normal. To help prevent this in the future you should always use your laptop on a hard flat surface to give the fans room to breath and to minimize the dust they pull in.
Never use the laptop or leave it switched on when its on a carpet or bed etc

Need any help then let me know.

If you like my answer then click on Accept button to pay me.

Bonus and Positive feedback is highly appreciated by click on Feedback Button .

Regards,

Dharmendra

I have tried the above information as well, and still not able to get it to word. It becomes very hot as soon as its turned on, sometimes it does not boot up before turning itself off.

I have not been able to use it at all for weeks, i am using my son's laptop to ask for help at present.

At start up, its showing system BIOIS shadowed and video BIOIS shadowed. What should i do? I have trierd to do system and memory diagnostic.
Andy, Computer Consultant

This can happen because of software as well as hardware issues.

1. Hardware Issue : (in your case this is the main issue as it overheats.)
It can be because of dust clogged in the heat sink and the cpu fan. This is quite a common problem in which computer shuts down.

You need to get your laptop serviced to clean the heat sink and complete motherboard. If possible replace the fan over the sink as it must have worned out with usage.

You can also do it yourself if you want using following instructions :
1. Open up the laptop completely. Then remove the heat sink and the fan.
2. Clean the heat sink and fan and remove all dust from it.
3. Buy Arctic-Silver (search ebay) paste.
4. Now also cleanup the motherboard by gently blowing cold air on it. Do not rub it with anything. Just cool air blow.
5. Now you have to place the heat-sink back in its place. Before doing so you need to put just few drops of Arctic-Silver paste on heatsink which will enhance the contact between heatsink and microprocessor.
6. Then close the laptop's casing as it was before.

Software issue : Please consider this issue too
Press Ctrl+D to save this page as Favorite/Bookmark so that you can click on it to reach me after you restart computer.

1. Start > type msconfig in search box [press Enter]
2. goto Services tab.
3. Click on the ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ box at the bottom of the
screen so that it has a tick in it. The window in the middle of the screen
should change when you do this. It may take a few seconds to take
effect.
4. Then click the ‘Disable All’ button on the bottom right. It should un-tick
all the boxes now visible.
5. Now goto startup tab.
6. Then click the ‘Disable All’
7. Click APPLY.
8. Click Restart.
9. The computer will restart. Upon restarting, you will see a window.
10. Put a tick in the box ‘Don’t show this message or launch…’ and click
the ‘OK’ button.

Then see if the problem persists.

If it does, do this :

Please download - click here >> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.

If none of above solves your problem, you need to order recovery disc from laptop manufacutrer and perform a system recovery to take the computer back to factory settings.

If even that doesnt help then its a motherboard or hard-drive issue and you need to get your laptop repaired by some local store.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Edited by Andy on 6/29/2010 at 12:36 PM EST
Andy, Computer Consultant