I have a model T-1628 laptop when I try to play a DVD from…

I have a model T-1628...
I have a model T-1628 laptop when I try to play a DVD from Netflix nothing happens. What do I have to do to play DVD's
6/29/2010
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer

Hi and Welcome to

I need you to answer few questions to help you fix the problem.

1>Did you try different DVD's?

2>Were you able to plays DVD's earlier?

I will wait for your reply.

what additional information do you need

My question is did this problem occur recently or were you never able to play DVD's earlier?

I tried the DVD on an old desktop and it played. In the past I was able to play DVD's on the laptop but now it won't.

Ok.Thanks for the information.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling your drive.

1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
  2. Click System and Maintenance, click System, and then click Device Manager.
    Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
  3. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
  4. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
  5. Restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

Let me know the results.

Tried the uninstall and restart but still no go. Do I have to open anything to start the DVD?

Insert the DVD.

Click Start->Computer.

Double click on the CD drive.What happens?

when I open the computer it only shows local disk (c) and recovery (d) no CD drive shows

That's strange.

Please click on this link

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9645377

You will be asked to save a file.Download it and then run it on your computer one time.

Restart and see if your DVD drive is back in Computer.

lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
That worked! Thank you very much. I will accept answer and it is my pleasure to give positive feedback. Again thank you and have a good night.

More than welcome.

Thank you for using our service.

DVD is now broken into small squares of colors, sound is alright but picture is all broken up.

Hi and Welcome back.

Please try a different media player

Download and install vlc media player(free) from

http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/

It is a very good player for playing dvd's.Let me know the results.