I have forgotten my password and my secret answer! I am very…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my password...
I have forgotten my password XXXXX my secret answer! I am very keen to access my account. I tried the https://windowslivehelp.com/PasswordReset.aspx but you need the answers to those questions as well. Please can you help me. A contact email address [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

did you run through the account validation page.. where it asks you the 5 people you messaged the most and questions like that?

if not...

then please go to the link below.. dont try to reset the password.. just click the grey box at the bottom that says continue,, and then,,, click continue again,.

https://windowslivehelp.com/PasswordReset.aspx

it will ask you for information only you would know..

You will have to enter this information.. as it is the only way you will get the account back.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Where did you go? I tried to ask further questions
im still here..

i didnt see you ask further questions..

But i see where you said you might have some..

Fire away..
I tried that and it will not accept my answers...set up too long ago. Is there a hotmail contact I can make to follow up further?
question.. when you say it didnt except your answers.. was it a whole page of stuff you filled out?

or just the secret answer your talking about?>
I filled it all out but you also require the second password XXXXX used when you set it up and I no longer have that. Seems you need your secret answer and the second password XXXXX if I knew, would mean I would not be in this predicament.
you dont have to have everything

as long as you could fill out some of the names you emailed and what not..

at the end did it say they would email you after they reviewed the file/??
No it would not send it on. It said continue and then would not continue
thats strange..

question..

did you ever have windows live messenger installed?
No
was this a free.. or a paid hotmail account?
Free. It does say "Windows Live Hotmail is currently experiencing login issues. You may receive errors when attempting to login to your Live Hotmail account" do you think that would make a difference. I would have thought that was only short term and it has been all day?.
How long have you not been able to log in..

Did this start today for you..

And one more key question..

Did you foget your password..

Or

Do you know it.. and for some reason.. you password XXXXX isnt working/?
I changed it last night and cannot remember it
have you tried logging in with the old password..

sometimes.. it will let you.. especially if they are having server issues
It says I have tried too many times
Tried to may time when entering the password?>

heres an alternative method..

can you sign into just the windows live id page..

not the actual mail page..

https://login.live.com/ppsecure/secure.srf?lc=1033&id=10&ru=&tw=14400&kv=9&ct=1277789947&ems=1&seclog=10&ver=8.0.15317.0&tpf=69fe1fae1099b7b6d31822085485ebc9
I tried...still need all the answers that I do not know!
I was hoping youd be able to log in. without trying to reset the password..

as i said,, it may accept the old password XXXXX had..
Nothing worked