For no reason that I can think of, Mozilla Thunderbird is now…

Customer Question
For no reason that I...
For no reason that I can think of, Mozilla Thunderbird is now asking for a password XXXXX my account. My wife's account is not asking for one. Just mine. When I go to Tools, Options, Privacy, my account does not show up at all. It has her saved passwords but nothing under my account. I have no idea what to do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: vasanth, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
vasanth
vasanth, Computer Software Engineer

Hello there!

have you forgot your mozilla thunderbird password?

thanks

Yes, I have a large list of passwords that I have used in the past but none will work. I don't understand why mine suddenly needs a password XXXXX my wife's doesn't.

ok, then please try to reset password, for this enter your email account and click on send password XXXXX link

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/users/pwreset

thanks

User not found

Are you still with me? It says that the user was not found.

Please visit this link http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Forgot+my+master+password

I hope this will help you

thanks

It didn't change anything. The link is for Firefox. I am dealing with Thunderbird. Does that matter. When I went back to Thunderbird and tried it, it didn't work. I then checked and still had my wife's passwords. It didn't take anything away from Thunderbird.

ok, to get back you thunderbird password, you need to download mozilla password XXXXX software from here

http://www.passcape.com/mozilla_password_recovery

it will cost $27, but it will get back your password

thanks

Your last reply pointed me to a website that was going to charge me ANOTHER $27. I was not looking for someone to point me to different websites (That I had ALREADY Googled by the way). I was hoping to have someone interact with me in a way that didn't take 15 minutes a reply and help me fix the problem. All I received was websites. I could (and did) already find most of these myself. If I have to pay the fee, I will. (Of course I have to since you have my credit card #XXXXX) I eventually found a website that helped me find my problem without having to pay. It turned out to be a Time Warner Cable password XXXXX I needed and not a Mozilla Thunderbird password. If we could have spoken in an easier to communicate way (Not every 15 minutes at Midnight after 3 hours of searching), I would have felt good about paying $18. As it is, I don't feel good about paying $18 for 2 minutes worth of your time. It's out of my hands now. It's up to you.

I opt out ,so that the question is open for other experts and they can help you.

thanks