my kid has deleted the dvd drive on the pc. When I go to my…

Customer Question
my kid has deleted the...
my kid has deleted the dvd drive on the pc. When I go to "my computer" the drive is not there. How can I get it back? BTW I have tried system restore but he has loaded so much other junk that the memory is almost full so it is auto dumping the eaqrlier restore points. Once I have the DVD fixed, I'll delete a bunch of programs.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

lets try this first..

click start. control panel, add hard ware wizard...

run it.. and see if it picks up the cd drive.. let me know what happens.

nope, long list of hardware but no sign of a DVD drive, this is normally the D: drive
Ok.. Thanks for checking..

Whaty may have happened is it got disabled in the bios..

i dont know how that could have happened.. but sometimes it does..

could you shut down the computer.. start it.. immediately start pressing f2

this should bring you into the bios..

look on the screen.. there should be a key for load defaults and exit.

press that key and let the computer start..

does the cd player re appear