my acer laptop battery isnt charging.. i bought a new battery…

Customer Question
my acer laptop battery isnt...
my acer laptop battery isnt charging.. i bought a new battery and still wont charge. help me please
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Brett Philp, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Brett Philp
Brett Philp, Computer Support Specialist
What is your bios version? Also please provide your specific model #.

aspire 7100 series

ms 2195

Please flash your BIOS via the downloadable package at Acer Support listed under the 7100 series. They've had a history of issues around charging and bios bugs. After you've flashed the bios power down the computer, remove the battery and unplug the AC power cable then push and hold the power button for a whole 2 minutes (nothing will happen, we're trying to completely drain all residual voltage from the mainboard to reset it), then release the power button, install the battery and power up the computer, it should now recognize the battery and begin a normal charge cycle.
but i hear something rattling in the computer... i think something internally came apart.. should i take it apart and see what the prob is
Start with my suggestion. If that doesn't work you'll need to send the machine to a Acer for repair or to a local repair shop to diagnose. Try the bios suggestion first though.