Error message Error 1921 Service Ipod Service (Ipod Service)

Customer Question
Error message: Error 1921 Service...
Error message: Error 1921 Service Ipod Service (Ipod Service) could not be stopped. Verify you have sufficient privileges to stop system services. Got this message after I tried to download Itunes for Windows. Win XP operating sys, IE8. Before that, I tried using Add\Remove programs to unintall Itunes\Quicktime. unsuccessful
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
D.Sandlin :

Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

D.Sandlin :

please go to the page below.. and download the windows installer cleanup utility

D.Sandlin :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

D.Sandlin :

run the utility.. and have it remove anything labeled apple, itunes, quicktime.

D.Sandlin :

then you should be able to restart the computer.. and download a fresh copy of itunes. and get it installed