Unable to get to Office Suite 2010. Im running Windows XP…

Customer Question
Unable to get to Office...
Unable to get to Office Suite 2010. I'm running Windows XP Home.When I click on Run I get a full page (Headed "Notepad" of data for several programs. Have tried it several times. Same result each time. I tried it with the instruction sheet that came with the CD and also the instructions on the diak itself, which is how I got to you
Robert Streger [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Please go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office, then click on any Office program listed; what comes up?

Regards
Microsoft Excel. Bland Book 1, Page 1 came up.
Okay ..that should indicate that your Office programs are working all right; now, where exactly do you get this Notepad window?

Regards
I click Start then Run. That's when the Notepad with all the data comes up. Nowhere to go after that,
Okay ..so what exactly are you trying to open in Run?

Regards
A box comes up asking what program am looking for. When I answer Office Suite 2010 it replies what it can't find. Obviously because it's not there yet
That's not the way you would go to Office; in order to open up any Office application, please go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office, then select the desired app of your choice, i.e. Word, Powerpoint, etc., to open it up accordingly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
I don't want any of the choices. I want Office Suite 2010, which isn't listed
Office Suite 2010 is basically a package of Office applications for your system, i.e. Word, Powerpoint, etc., which will let you carry out specific tasks using the same, and which you may access using the path I had provided earlier.

Regards
As you directed, I went to Start, Run and Microsoft Office. When clicked on "any program" it came up with the box asking what Program I wanted.
We're not getting any place, are we!
This just doesn't appear to be working. I'll stick with Microsoft Office and Chalk Office Suite 2010 as a lost cause.

Thanks for trying You can't win them all.
Signing off.
Robert Streger
No problem.

Regards
None of your replies corrected anything. I've gone back to Microsoft Office.
But thanks for trying.