i dropped my toshiba laptop on the ground and now when i turn…

Customer Question
i dropped my toshiba laptop...
i dropped my toshiba laptop on the ground and now when i turn it on it works until i come to the log in sequence where once logged in it just stays with welcome written on the screen and i cant use it at all.. how can i fix this, if at all?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/29/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ed, Computer Tech replied 8 years ago
Ed
Ed, Computer Tech

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX thanks for using JustAnswer. I will try to help you.

Please press the Ctrl key and the D key at the same time and the Add to bookmark this so you can get back here in case you need more help related to this.

Turn it off. Turn it back on and keep tapping F8 key. When startup menu appears choose safe mode with command prompt. Type chkdsk /r and press enter. This will do a check and repair any bad spots on hard disk.

Ed
Ed, Computer Tech
the advice u gave seemed to work as it started to work properly again as normal but after 10 r 15 mins the screen just freezed and either restarted itself r i would have to do so myself. is there any more advice u could give me? thanks much apreciated

You should download and run a full malwarebytes scan. This problem doesn't sound like the previous one and may be related to spyware and not being dropped. Of course it could be a damaged motherboard or hard drive also but this is a free test. Run a full scan, show results and remove all it finds.

http://dw.com .com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-8022_4-10804572&ontId=8022_4&spi=5e74673612d45d8dd8bd546e82489380&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext&ltype=dl_dlnow&pid=11375988&mfgId=6290020&merId=6290020&pguid=Wr7p9woPjFwAACeI8gAAAAAj&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2F3001-8022_4-10804572.html%3Fspi%3D5e74673612d45d8dd8bd546e82489380