Good morning am running windows xp and for the past week or…

Customer Question
Good morning am running windows...
Good morning am running windows xp and for the past week or so every time I switch off it tells me there are 3 updates to be installed which 2 relate to microsoft net framework 3.5 service pack 3 and 1 to security update for windows 2000, and wp. When I restart it tells me that the updates are ready to be installed so guess they have not been installed can you help me
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: APARAJITA, IT Specialist replied 8 years ago
APARAJITA
APARAJITA, IT Specialist

I do understand that sometimes the software takes longer time to get downloaded. Next when you restart the system it takes some more time to complete the installation. Please turn on the system and allow it to finish the installation.

If this does not go through then you need to go to the windows update center from control panel and manually start the download once again . Do not reboot the system till it finishes completely.

Thanks

Trying what you suggested but not sure if it will work as I think I tried this before and the updates still did not work so will let you know when the update is finished
Although it said updates installed when I rebooted the icon came up at the bottom telling me updates available for installation went to my computer and saw ther 3 dates supposedly installed still there to be installed so that has been the problem for this past while

Correct. In such scenario please go to the download center in control panel and start the download manually. The previous ones did not happen properly.

Thanks

hOPEFULLY I CAN CLARIFY THE PROBLEM,AGAIN I ONCE MORE WENT TO MY COMPUTER CHECKED FOR UPDATES AND ONCE MORE IT SAID THERE WERE THE SAME 3 UPDATES THAT I SUPPOSEDLY DOWNLOADED SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY. I DOWNLOADED AGAIN AND IT CAME BACK SAYING UPDATES SUCCESSFUL SWITHCHED OFF THEN REBOOTED CHECKED THE UPDATES AGAIN AND IT STILL TELLS ME THAT THERE ARE THE SAME 3 UPDATES TO BE INSTALLED. THIS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM FROM THE START SO HOW DO I KNOW IF THE UPDATES ARE INSTALLED OR NOT

It seems some issue with the installation part. As I am running out of ideas here, I would like to opt out allowing other experts to assist you.

Sorry.

Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

do you have the kb numbers of the updates?

if you have those.. i can help you check and see if they are indeed ... installed
Hi Dustin the KB numbers are 979909, 982168, 974417
click start, control panel, windows updates..

then on the top left..

click view windows update history..

then see if anyof those numbers are on your lits...

Let me know
Yes they are all on the list many times as I have installed them over and over so they are all on the list with a green tick, if this means they are installed how do I keep getting the message to tell to install?
Little confused are are you still ooking at this because I got another e.mail and not sure where we are at
Apoogies for the delay.. Just seen your message..

They are all on the list with a green tick.. thats good..

that means they are installed

personally,. i would go into windows updates.. and turn automatic updating off..

so you dont get stuck in the update loop again in the future..

to turn it off.. go to the control panel..

windows updates..

and set it to dont remind me or download and install updates
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist