The skype installed on my computer does not work, anybody there…

Customer Question
The skype installed on my...
The skype installed on my computer does not work, anybody there that is familiar with skype and could help me?

When people call me on my skype number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN the phone on my laptop does not ring, i get an e-mail message instead but then I am unable to retrieve my voice mail.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: bineesh, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please follow the steps to links to verify the audio settings on the skype..

LINK

Let me know is this worked for you..

Hi

Let me know is this worked for you..or else do you need any further assistance on this problem.

Please don't forget to hit ACCEPT so I can get credit for my work. Give a Positive Feedback and Bonus will be highly appreciated Thank you Bineesh

Hi Bineesh, thank you for sending me the instructions from Skype, I did check them out yesterday myself and got quite discouraged because they are more instructions for you geeks then for a 73 year old grandmother, and i also do not have a printer that works, so to follow all those dozens of steps is more than I able to do. I wonder if you have the possibility to access my account and help me out with that procedure? That would be awesome. Hope to hear from you soon. With kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX

Please check your mirophone is working or not..

Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder.

The Sound Recorder panel will appear.

Try to record your speech though your microphone. Now play it back

Let me know are you able to hear your recorded voice

don't know how to play back the recorded message, I also could not find Entertainment so I went directly from Accessory to Sound recorder
If you press record button ..the waves are moving or its single line..
The waives are moving when I speak
Ok..then please follow these steps in skype for audio settings...

Open the skpe ..

Click Tools > Options in the main menu.

Skype Options

Find the Audio Settings tab and click on it.

In the Microphone and Speakers drop down menus, select the device which have it in your control panel..

To check in control panel..open sounds and audio devices

Click on Volume button.

XP Recording Volume

Select the same here and save ..

Skype Options

Test your sound in Skype

If you are still having problems with your audio or microphone, go back to the Sounds and Audio section of the Control Panel.

In Sound Playback click the Volume button and check the following:

Mute all has to be unchecked.

Wave Mute has to be unchecked.

Microphone Mute has to be checked.

Other channels (CD Player, Video, 3D Depth, etc) are not important.

In Sound Recording click the Volume button and check the following:

Microphone has to be checked.

All other options have to be unchecked.

No other channels must be selected.

Now test your sound again.

HI BINEESH, I am not able to make this work, is there anyway I could call you with skype? or can you call me and see what it does?
If you have time and patience, you may be able to help me, but I think we need to be connected by phone or by message or possibly by access to my skype site. You can call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX or better yet, I can call you if you can give me your skype number, because I will not hear your call exept that I will get a message that somebody left a voice message and I am not able to hear the message, all this is on my new laptop Vista 7. I used to have skype on an ACER laptop and it worked very well. Since I have the new Vista 7, I am only able to call out. That is very inconvenient.
There is no options to call you..

Will continue here..

I can help you on this...

Please select the USB phone you having in this link..

LINK

from the downloads get the driver for you usb phone..
i just received again an old answer dated June 28, 2010. That asnwer did not work but in the mean time, couple of days ago i pushed something and Skype started to work again. I have no idea how that happend, but it was not due to your suggestions.

Now I am only contacting you to let you know that this time I did not accept your answers and that I thank you for your efforts. I am sure you did your best, XXXXX XXXXX does not work every time.