can i have more than 7 formulas in a excel cell i need alot…

Customer Question
can i have more than...
can i have more than 7 formulas in a excel cell i need alot more ie 100
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Mike6708
Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist

1024 is the max # XXXXX characters allowed in a cell so stay under that and youll be fine

it says the specified formula contains more levels of nestling than is allowed in the current file format.

This is the formula =IF(C11="sugar",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!K60(C11="brandy",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!I11,IF(C11="butter unsalted",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!I10,IF(C11="single cream",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!I9,IF(C11="full fat milk",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!I8,IF(C11="chicken breast",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!F21,IF(C11="chicken mince",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!H23,IF(C11="beef mince",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!H20,IF(C11="beef burgers",E11*'Ingredients Costings Template'!H18,"invalid ingredient"))))))))

The max # XXXXX IF statements is 6 the only way around that is to use the array function
what is an array function and where is it on the key board how do you use it

use Ctrl-Alt-Enter to add morer IF statements

dosent seem to work?
Ok let me see what else i can dig up for you and if i cant find anything ill opt out and have another expert help you
Tech Support Specialist: Julio, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Julio
Julio, Computer Software Engineer

Thanks for visit Justanswer.com
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you solve your problem

Could you send us the excel file ?
We will find alternate formula to suit your needs.

Go to www.wikisend.com, click upload, browse to the file.
After upload, there is downlink link. Copy and paste the link to this post

Thanks