i dont have internet connection; did reboot belkin router…

Customer Question
i don't have internet connection...
i don't have internet connection; did reboot belkin router mgt. 3760 is available and that is what i have now. what gives
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Tom K, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Information Systems Manager
Can you better explain the issue here? What do you mean by mgt. 3760 is available?
Lower right hand of computer down byvolume area; icon comes on stating i am currenty connectged to unkown network; Belkin 3760 is available click tojoin belkin 3760; i already have belkin 3760 with password, network name, and security type.

Would you be comfortable with resetting the router to the factory default settings (this would remove the password XXXXX any other changes you have made to the settings) and try reconnecting from there?

It seems the router configuration has become slightly corrupted.

you need to walk me through it; i am not computer savvy but i will try

On the back of the router, where the cables plug in, do you see a button or it might actually be a small hole with a button inside labeled reset?

Make sure the router is powered on before doing this.

After finding the reset button, take a paper clip, or another object that can fit within the hole, and hold down the button inside for approximately 60 seconds and then release it.

This will reset the router to factory defaults and remove any password XXXXX previous settings on it.

The router name will be reset to its default name, which should be something like Belkin, try to connect to this network and see if you can get connected ok.

Nothing happened after i tried to reset it; how do i try to connect to belkin network
So I can give you the correct directions to connect to your network, what version of Windows are you using?
Windows XP

Click on Start, then click on Run, within the Run box type in ncpa.cpl and press OK.

The network connections window should open.

From here right click on the wireless connection option, then click view available wireless networks.

In the menu that opens, find the wireless network, should have a name with Belkin in it, click on it then click on connect.

Let me know if this lets you connect to the router.

menu opens only has Internet Gateway, lan or high speed internet dell1390Wlan ; l394 adapter disabled, LAconn. Broadcom 440X l0/l00I; Virtual priv. Neon-disconnected; nothing with Belkin in it at allI i think i can run off neigbors internet connection ; that is what is happening and BElkin router is not working connecting me to internets; reboot or what?

Your not at the right menu yet.

Right click on the Dell 1390 WLAN icon and choose view available wireless networks.

A new window should open with wireless networks in range. What are the names of the networks that show up in this list? I'll tell you which one is yours.

None show up; Windows can't configure, if want Windows click changee adv. settings; click wireless network tab and use windows; make any sense to you

Ok we need to start the wireless service within Windows.

1. Click on Start, then Run

2. Enter services.msc and then click OK

3. In the window that opens, scroll through the list to find the service named Wireless Zero Configuration

4. Once you find it right click on it and choose Properties, then in the box that opens, change the Startup Type to Automatic then click on the Start button, and once it has started click OK then close the services window

Navigate back to where you right clicked on the Dell 1390 WLAN icon and choose view available wireless networks and you should now see networks. List the ones you see.

wireless wlan connection shows vickis and belkin now what

Click on Belkin, if you reset the router correctly from earlier this should be your wireless connection.

Click on Belkin and then click on the connect button. You should now be connected to your network.

Let me know if this works.

Tom K
Tom K, Information Systems Manager
Now i only have vickis wireless connection belkin is not there now. should we start over or what? i may have to handle tomorrow as soccer with kids coming up; can i ask for you again.
As far as you know, have you ever connected to the Vickis wireless connection? Or did you setup a network with that name?
That is my neighbor's connection; i have never set up a connection with that name but when i go to SSID that is whose wireless it shows;
Can you make sure the router is turned on and have all the proper wires plugged in and then retry to see if it shows up and you can connect to it? The Belkin network was the network you wanted to connect to.
i unplugged and replugged and still only shows vicki's wireless connection ; belkin is not on there. i need to go to soccer game.

I see you clicked on Accept Answer, have you gotten it to work yet? I would only want you to click on Accept Answer if you were able to connect to your network ok.

Let me know when you are back and we'll continue working on this problem.