I cannot find where to compact the folders and right now I…

Customer Question
I cannot find where to...
I cannot find where to compact the folders and right now I am late for an appointment...do not collect your fee until I return around 12:30!!

as you may remember my problem..I cannot access any incoming email on Thunderbird!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ms Techie, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Ms Techie
Ms Techie, Computer Software Engineer
Hello There!

Welcome Here, I am Aarchie a Just Answer Computer Expert will be assisting you to solve your issue right now.

No problem nobody will collect the fee untill you press that accept buttun. chill be at your appointment.
No change so far!!
Did you tried this:

he easiest way to compact is to let Thunderbird do it automatically: "Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network & Disk Space -> Disk Space -> Compact folder when it will save over 100 kB -> OK."

However, it is best to not to do anything in Thunderbird except read messages if you notice that compacting has started. If you tag, mark, or move messages during compacting, this can cause folder corruption and data loss. In addition, if you are in the process of writing an email while compacting starts, you may get an error when you try to save or send it. (This can be especially annoying if you're responding to an email with interleaved replies because copy-pasting to a new message will often move quotation marks into the middle of lines in quoted sections).

If you often delete many messages in very large folders and feel that Thunderbird becomes unresponsive while trying to delete more messages, you may want to try using a larger figure. This will reduce the chance that compacting starts and locks up the folder while you are trying to delete more messages. If you use a figure much larger than 1000 kB, compacting will take much longer and there is a greater risk of folder corruption.

If you're using an IMAP account and you believe that the performance gains due to compacting are a poor trade off you can configure Thunderbird 3 to auto-expunge messages instead. This will automatically expunge (physically delete) the deleted messages when you have 20 deleted messages waiting to be expunged. See Deleting messages in IMAP accounts if you want to do that. If you're using offline folders and configured to AutoSync (Thunderbird 3 does this by default) it will expunge the message in both the remote folder and the offline copy of the folder (a mbox file).

After following the steps from Thunderbird Inbox no activity took place within 5 minutes. the one step that was not available to click on was >Disk Space- so I skipped to Compact folder when it saves over 100kb clicked OK, and nothing!! Before returning here I tried to "get mail" and ...no luck! Unless you can call XXX-XXX-XXXX and lead me to a better solution, I think my best bet here is to cancel your [non]help and call a repair person!
Your answer did not work, but I did hire a live person who fixed it...The thing I now laugh about is all the messages generated by you at that time when I could not receive anything on Thunderbird and you completely ignored an alternate email as I suggested. BOING!
Please refer to the above answer!