my hotmail thru MSN was taken over by somebody who is send…

Customer Question
my hotmail thru MSN was...
my hotmail thru MSN was taken over by somebody who is send emails to all of my contacts asking for money for my sick brother in London This is causing me allot of problems The account [email protected] I have gotten instructions from Microsoft but the sites do not work I have been at this for three days I am very frustrated. I opened another hotmail [email protected]
I want to [email protected] but I would like to keep the inof I ahve accumalated If I change the password XXXXX I keep the accoutn and will it be secure First I must get into it I ahvene't been able to do so for three days I need help Thanks Vince
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: mary, Consultant replied 8 years ago
mary
mary, Consultant

there is an account validator page here:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlidvalidation&ct=eformcs

you need to fill this form, and send it to Microsoft. in a few days, they will send you a reset-password XXXXX to the email address that you provide in the form.

Just try to fill them as you can. (you may not fill all of them, BUT, if you can provide correct answers to all questions, you will have more chance to be able to get a new password XXXXX Microsoft -- that's how the resetting process work. If you show enough proof you are the owner of the account, they will send you the password)

The e-mail address for us to send a response:

type an email address that you can access. (for ex, type another email address you can access - if you can show proof, they will send the password XXXXX this address)

Primary e-mail address/member ID associated with the account you are inquiring about:

type your email address here (that you cannot access)

If you need step by step instructions, please let me know.

Again, don't worry, you will get your hotmail account back, in a few days.

I have already gone thru the validation process they have established that i own the account [email protected] They have sent me reset passwords and nothing happens I gave them alternate email to send it to I cannot copy and paste it on my browser as they directed me to. Nothing is workingHelp me please I am losing money because of this.
I have attempted to use ther reset password XXXXX it does not work
I am not sure what additional information you want They have sent me a link entittled Confirm Request and Reset Password. They dont work.

the validation process is the only way to get your account back as you get a password XXXXX by microsoft then immediately change it and change your security question as well in this way you can get your account secured however as you have already created a new id you can use that for your business all you need to do is update the business partners or in case of online business get the email updated there.

if the password XXXXX has not worked send by microsoft then resend the info back they will send you the restet password XXXXX There is nothing much we can do as hacking into others email is not supported by our company, i hope you can understand.

Not very helpful.
I'll open up your question for the other Experts to offer their input on this matter
Another expert would be with you shortly.
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

seems like you have the link to reset your account. why can you not paste it into your browser. highlight it with your mouse and hold ctrl press C to copy it

the click on the address bar in the internet explorer ( where it usually says http://www.etc/ etc

delete everything in it and hold ctrl and press V to copy

then press enter

you should get to the webpage to reset your password XXXXX a new one.

you should also run some antivirus anti spyware programs such as combofix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

it is possible the hackers are getting your password XXXXX the reset code by hacking into your computer or your alternenate email account you should change your password XXXXX that one as well.

Edited by robert on 6/28/2010 at 8:39 PM EST