Hi, May you completely erase (delete) my old e-mail address from your system I changed…

Customer Question
Hi, May you completely erase (delete)...
May you completely erase (delete) my old e-mail address from your system?
I changed my e-mail contact address yesterday, but people still can search me by typing in my old e-mail address, and I don't like that!
Hope you'll be able to help me.
Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer.

What is the service provider of your old e-mail address (everything after the @ sign --- i.e. @yahoo.com)?

Our system blocks full e-mail address, so please only send the domain (everything after the @ sign).

Thank you.
It's @comcast.net
Are you trying to delete the primary Comcast e-mail address, or is this a secondary Comcast e-mail address that you are trying to delete?
I'm sorry. What does the primary/secondary Comcast e-mail address mean?

My old e-mail address was Comcast, but my new e-mail address is gmail.com

Let me clarify.

Did you have more than one e-mail address with Comcast?
No
Okay. Thank you.

I would like to start off by saying that I am not a representative of Comcast; I am a representative of JustAnswer, a global tech support site.

Unfortunately, there is no way to "remove" your Comcast e-mail address, since it is the primary account (the only Comcast address you have), without canceling your service.

The Comcast e-mail address is attached to your account and it is what Comcast uses to configure items such as your High Speed Internet modem or your digital cable television account.

If you still have people sending you e-mails to your Comcast address, I would suggest that you forward your Comcast address to your GMail address.

Go to http:///www.comcast.net. Click on the My Account in the top left hand corner of the page. Sign in with your Comcast credentials.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and on the left hand side, you will find Email Preferences. Click on Email Forwarding.

Fill in the information and when asked what e-mail address you would like to forward to, put your GMail address. After you are finished, press Update.

Now anytime anyone sends an e-mail to the Comcast address, it will go to your GMail account. When you receive them in your GMail account, you can notify them that you have changed email addresses and give them your GMail account.

Feel free to ask any questions or comment. I am here to assist you!
Sorry to bother you that I thought you're working for facebook.com, and that's why I didn't get my anwser at all
Okay. Are you trying to delete your Comcast e-mail address from your Facebook profile?

To do so, log in to your Facebook account.

Click on Profile in the upper right hand corner.

Under your profile picture on the left side of the page, click the Edit My Profile link.

Click on Contact Information on the left menu.

You will see your e-mails listed at the top of the page. Click the Add/Remove E-Mails link.

In the middle of the page, you will see the e-mail addresses linked to your account. If you only have your Comcast listed here, you will need to add your GMail account.

If you already have your GMail account here or after your GMail has been added, select your GMail account and the click the Change Contact Email button.

After your Contact Email has been changed to your GMail, you will then have a Remove link next to your Comcast. Click this link to remove your Comcast email from your profile.

This should resolve your issue.